“Great stay!”

Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We spent 2 nights at this motel - was very comfortable. Enjoyed the wonderful beds with proper linens (no bedspread used for everyone's stay or having to use it for a blanket!) Staff was hospitable - helpful, friendly, etc. Breakfast was great with eggs, sausage, bacon included, as well as fruits and yogart and variety of breads/donuts - all well displayed and clean inviting atmosphere. The large outlet mall right behind the motel within walking distance... also nice eating places in same walking area. A steak house, as well as a Ruby Tuesday's, and other restaurants - as well as Cracker Barrel right next door. Not a lot of other business's in the area, but a neighboring town just down the Interstate (Columbus) has more varied businesses and eating places. We will definately stay here again if we have the opportunity.

Room Tip: We were on the main level and chose not to be close to the motel offices and laundry area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Launa P
Cabel H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Launa,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our property! We are located within walking distance to several restaurants and the Edinburgh Outlet Mall, which has 80+ retail stores. Our commitment is to an exemplary guest experience for everyone who walks though our doors.

Warm Regards,

812-526-9899

"The BEST hotel in Columbus/Edinburgh"

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I am currently visiting Edinburgh, temporarily at nearby Camp Atterbury.
I find this hotel to be clean, and quite a comfortable place to stay. Staff is very friendly, daily hot breakfast is good. Monday thru Thursday, the hotel staff offers complimentary drinks and cocktails, (2 per day). Very nice!
Huge outlet mall right next door.
I will recommend this hotel to travelers and friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Cabel H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

I am currently visiting Edinburgh, temporarily at nearby Camp Atterbury.
Huge outlet mall right next door.
I will recommend this hotel to travelers and friends

Richard,

It's been a pleasure having you sir. We hope to see you again when you come back next year! We are committed to a standard-setting guest experience.

Regards,

812-526-9899

"The BEST hotel in Columbus/Edinburgh"

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Date of stay 05/17/14

I would like to give this Hotel a better rating but feel they did not deliver as they should have and did not give a discount for the services not deliver! The services I am talking about is TV and Internet from 3:00 P.M. to about 9:00 P.M. From what they told me there was a wreck that took out the TV and Internet? But from what I saw other places had TV service. So either they need to upgrade or look for another provider?

That being said we stayed there a year ago and had a great time with great service!
So will I stay there again next Year, maybe maybe not but I can say this location will not be the first hotel I will check!

Bottom line I think a discount should be given to the people who stayed that day!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenneth S
Cabel H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Kenneth S,

Thank you sir for mentioning your concerns with your experience at our hotel. I expect nothing less than a perfect 5 star rating for every guest that stays at our property (which is our normal rating, as you can see), so I would like to explain the issue that we were dealing with on the day that you stayed at the hotel. I want to ASSURE you that neither the service or the amenities in our hotel have suffered since last year.

Earlier in the day, someone was digging in our area and cut one of the main cable lines that feed our entire county. For several hours while they were repairing the line, all of the residential and business users of this cable provider were offline. Unfortunately, we were one of the many businesses that had to deal with our internet and TV services being offline until the line was repaired.

I want to assure you that our internet and television amenities work PERFECTLY and this was completely outside of the control of the hotel. I have been working in the hotel industry for several years and it is very rare that a situation like this does occur.

But beyond that, I want to extend my utmost apologies for the less-than-perfect experience that you had at our hotel. As you can see by our stellar reviews, this is certainly not the experience of the vast majority of our guests.

I want to extend my phone number to you and would like to speak with you regarding the best way that we can come to a resolution about this matter. I highly value the feedback and suggestions I receive from our guests, and I expect nothing less than a "perfect 10" for every guest who walks through our doors.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Reviewed April 11, 2014

First, the location can't be beat. From the second we got there everybody was so nice from the manager to the lady that put out the food. The hotel is very clean and up to date. This was the first time we stayed there but we will be back. They made our trip Great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cabel H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Bobby B,

Happy Anniversary! It was wonderful having you both, and we are so pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you again next year!

Regards,

Comfort Inn and Suites Columbus/Edinburgh

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived I wasn't so sure but that quickly changed. Lobby-very nice! Room - extremely clean! You could smell the fresh linens and just overall cleanliness! GM, Robert-great. He prides himself on the cleanliness of the hotel and it shows. We've stayed in larger chains but this exceeds them! We will definitely stay again and again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TnT2008
Robert D L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear TnT2008,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to you for the awesome & 5 star review you recently posted after your stay at our Hotel. I will pass on to the entire staff your praise of how well we keep our Hotel. After all a Hotels cleanliness reputation in my humbled opinion is the “backbone” of any Hotel. And I am a fortunate GM to have such devoted, efficient and caring employees that truly understands the wants and wishes of our guests! We will continue to offer and extend to every single guest that walks through our doors the VERY BEST of Guest Service, Outstanding Amenities and Overall Room & Hotel cleanliness that goes UN-MATCHED anywhere. That is my personal pledge to you and every future guest that walks through our doors. Once again TnT2008 on behalf of a guest service orientated, dedicated and caring staff, THANK YOU. And please do not hesitiate giving us a call to make that next reservation! :)

In the True Spirit of Hospitality,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Worthy of five stars if it hadn't been for a lot of door slamming and children running the halls. Sound proofing is not that great. The hotel is close to a nice outlet mall. The breakfast was very good and the staff was pleasant.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Holland49423,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I thank you for the gracious review you gave the Hotel after your recent stay! We are terribly sorry if there was noise in the hallways. When the front desk staff is notified of these issues, we do our best to make sure all parties involved enjoy their stay. As we greatly appreciate and value every single guest that walks through our doors! WE are glad you enjoyed the healthy/hearty complimentary breakfast we provided you! We will continue to offer and extend to every guest that walks through our doors the VERY BEST of Guest Service, Outstanding Amenities and Overall Room & Hotel cleanliness that goes un-matched anywhere! That is my personal pledge to you and every future guest! And please do not hesitate giving us a call here at the Hotel to make that next reservation! :)

In the True Spirit Of Hospitality,

G.M.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I thought the property was new, but it's newly remodeled in a contemporary mode that is delightful. Beautiful soaring lobby with view of the indoor pool greated us. Large, well stocked breakfast area. Eggs, biscuits & gravy, waffle maker & all the cereal, pastries you could want plus fresh fruit to take with you. King room was spacious with a recliner and a lovely granite countered bath. I'd stay here for more than 1 night if I had a reason!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert D L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Fran1948,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the super & phenomenal 5-star review you recently posted here on TripAdvisor! We are so pleased that you have such high praise of our Hotel. As every staff member from the GM down takes great pride in the way we keep and maintain our Hotel! We agree with you the design and décor of the Hotel is very modern and beautiful! In addition the big/hearty/healthy complimentary breakfast for sure is always a great way to start your day. In my opinion our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff is the very best the Hotel industry has to offer. They keep our rooms super clean and working properly and they deserve such praise! We are so glad you took notice. We will continue to offer the very best of Guest Service, Outstanding Amenities & Overall room and hotel cleanliness that goes un-matched anywhere. That is my personal pledge to you and every future guest. Once again Fran1948 on behalf of a dedicated, hardworking & guest service orientated staff, THANK YOU! And please do not hesitate giving us here at the Hotel a call to make that next reservation! :)

In The True Spirit of Hospitality,

Robert D. Lasley II

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes

Been to Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh? Share your experiences!