“Passing through needing a place to stay”

Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
South Bend, Indiana
“Passing through needing a place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We selected this town because it was about half way home. This hotel is an easy stop off the I 65 interstate. Because we called late we had to take a more expensive handicapped room.
The desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean, the bathroom large and the bed was comfortable. This hotel did not use duvet covers which I prefer because they at least make you feel that it is cleaner.
The breakfast was fresh and adequate.
The only odd thing is that they charged us an additional $6.00 for they second person...that has never happened to me before.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Katy G
Robert D L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Katy G,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the awesome review you recently posted about your stay at our Hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed the amenities we provided you! We have in my humbled opinion the MOST efficient, hardworking and dedicated housekeeping and maintenance staff in the Hotel Industry! From the General Manager down we strive to give our guests the very best of Guest Service that goes un-matched any where! Our staff thoroughly understands and appreciates what our guests mean to our Hotel! Please accept my apology about the 2nd person “room charge”. I invite this guest to email or “private message” me so we may go over it thoroughly together! We will continue to offer and extend to every single guest that walks through our doors the VERY best of Guest Service, Amenities and OVERALL Room and Hotel cleanliness that goes un-matched anywhere. That is my pledge to you and every future Guest! Once again Katy G on behalf of a Proud, Devoted and Guest Service Orientated staff, THANK YOU! And PLEASE do not hesitate giving us here at the Hotel a call to make that next reservation!! :)

In the True Spirit of Hospitality,

Robert D Lasley II

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lakeshore, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

While on a motorcycle trip we stopped here for 1 night on our way to Nashville. We did not have a reservation. The hoel was conveniently located off the highway and very close to gas stations, stores, and restaurants. We choose Choice Hotels and this one looked great. Check-in was fast and easy and we got an awesome rate. We were happy to know we made during the hospitalty time which included an alcoholic drink each, snacks, and fresh baked cookies!The room was big, and very clean. The bed was super comfortable with a bunch of pillows. The hotel was very quiet as well. The free hot breakfast in the morning was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GWing51
Rikka B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear GWing,
I thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us and others know about your wonderful stay. I am honored to hear you were impressed and pleased with your stay. I kindly invite you back any time when your in the area, hopefully you will be able to stay longer and enjoy some of the near by attractions including our large Harley Davidson outlet store across the street. Thank you again for your kind words and for your business. We look forward in seeing you again.

Rikka D. Booth
Larwill, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. My only complaints would be that I dropped a piece of paper on the floor and when I went to retrieve it, I found some food trash under the recliner, and I called down to the front desk for a wake-up call and I never received it.

Green Features: I was impressed that this hotel follows the water saving process with towels.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rikka B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Ginger,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I will take your input and share with my team to better our guest stay experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again for your next visit to our area.
Thank you for your business and have a wonderful day.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Checked into hotel I Sunday and greeted by a friendly staff. Walked into room and immediately hit with an odor or mildew and room was humid. I turn air conditioner on high to dry room out didn't work. Next day came back informed hotel staff. The third day no relief they were switching rooms the next morning wanted me to checkout move my belongings out of room and could check back in until after 4:00 pm. The inconvenience was on me again not the hotel. but decided to check out go to the Hilton down the street. Breakfast and evening social excellent staff wonderful but room condition poor

• Stayed August 2013
Rikka B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Mr. DADZASTA,
I apologize for your inconvenience during your stay. We always want to accomodate our guest in everyway possible. I do know that your request to move rooms to accomodate you and you arriving girlfriend was granted once a room opended up and you cancelled your reservation and went to our sister property. Our check in does begin at 3pm but you were informed you were able to move your belongings to the new room as soon as you were ready to switch rooms that morning. We do apologize we could not accomodate and move you sooner. As you know the area as well as our hotel was sold out and we had nothing available at the time. We thank you for your business and apologize for your inconvenience. We hope when your in the area you will consider staying with us again.

In the spirity of hospitality,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room was excellent the breakfast was great. Only thing keeping me from giving 5 stars s the rooms weren't ready. We did not get to the hotel till after 4 o'clock and still had to wait about a half hour. We were told that the were under staffed for the day and just finished a big weekend (the brick yard was run the day before) so we did understand but I was very tired and I just wanted to get in my room rest and read my book.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Barbara,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know abour your stay experience. I apologize my team could not meet your expectations. We hope you will consider staying with us again when your in the area.

Plainfield, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed here several times and have always had a nice visit. The front desk is helpful and polite. Our rooms are always clean and comfortable. Pool is nice enough and quite clean. I've stayed at four different hotels in Edinburgh and I would say this is the best value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rikka B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Xepazenith,
Thank you for your time to let us and others know about your stay. I am truly honored that your stay was comfortable and clean and enjoyable. We welcome you back anytime.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Rikka D. Booth
Chicagoland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The inn is smaller than the usual Comfort Inn. We were told at check in that it formerly was the Holiday Inn Express, but they built a bigger one down the street and this one became a Comfort Inn. The room was adequate and clean. I didn't use the pool, but I did use the health center. In order to access it, one had to go through the pool area as the door was off the pool. Consequently, it was very hot and humid in the health center. Not exactly a great atmosphere for exercising. I realize the health center area cannot be moved at this point, but they really need to work on the AC in there to keep it cooler and less humid. Breakfast wasn't great. The eggs were evidently the powdered variety and were tasteless. The cereal choices were Fruit Loops and Honey Bunches of Oats. I didn't see any oatmeal packets anywhere nor were there biscuits and gravy. Overall, I would say that the price was a little too high for what and where it was. The location is right in front of the outlet mall but getting out of there wasn't easy as the traffic from the mall doesn't have a stop and the hotel and restaurants have to cut across traffic or make a left turn. That's not the hotel's fault, but it did make getting to the mall and restaurants a little difficult. However, the front desk staff were very nice and gave us directions into town to a nice restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
BEST WESTERN Edinburgh/Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside

Been to Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh? Share your experiences!