“Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lago Vista, Texas
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Picked this hotel from a list, was a little unsure but decided to give it a try. Arrived over the weekend and was met with a friendly hello. Room was quiet and clean and WiFi worked great as advertised. Had a great stay here, friendly staff, quick service for any problem! Many restaurants within walking distance with an outlet malls for shopping.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank skydivindad
Rikka B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Skydivindad,
I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience and stay with us. I thank you for taking time out of your busy day to compliment and comment on my beautiful newly renovated hotel. We gladly welcome you back for all of your furure stays. I thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.

In the spirit of hospitality,
Rikka D. Booth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was a little nervous asking 4 of my colleagues to stay at this hotel with me since I had never been to this location before but we all had an excellent stay! Every staff member was attentive, friendly and extremely helpful. When I forgot a few items, they promptly brought them to my room. I was extremely impressed with the breakfast each morning. Not only were the hours early enough for us to enjoy prior to a 7 am meeting, but if we returned before 10, we were able to enjoy ourselves again. There was a huge variety of items to choose from but I was most surprised at how delicious the hot breakfasts were every single day of the week. I've been a Choice Privilege member for over 10 years and this was the best stay I've ever had. The hotel was also clean and well decorated but that was just icing on the cake. I appreciated the pool, fitness center and the microwave and fridge in every room. I will definitely stay here again if I'm ever in town and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rikka B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Lainie B.,
Thank you for your continued loyalty in being a Choice Privileges member. We are pleased you had an excellent stay with us here at the Comofort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh Indiana. We are delighted you took the time to share your experience and admiration for our hotel and staff. I am honored we were able to provide you and your colleagues exceptional service that went above and beyone your expectations. We look forward in having you and your colleagues as our guest again in the future.
In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Rikka D. Booth
Aurora, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We recently stayed at this location for a short get away to celebrate our 50th Anniversary with friends. What a pleasant stay!! Very nice check-in clerk--efficient and friendly as were all employees that we encountered. Room was very clean, beds were comfortable and our room was quiet even tho it was located next to 2 fast food locations. "Happy hour" was a pleasant surprise--tasty drinks and nice appetizer selection. Large, pretty breakfast room had plenty of seating. Motel clerk even suggested which nearby restaurants offer a 10% discount for dinner. Outlet mall is close enough to walk to as are several restaurants. We will return for another stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Union County, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Didn't realize there was a Military deployment when my mom, sister, and I checked in. All the hotels were packed but we were able to get a handicap room for the night. Other than the room smelling a little musty, it was a pleasant stay. The staff was friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank kathyboa2
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

First, I arrived 2 hours early and tried to check in a little early. There was no one at the front desk. I waited, waited and finally found a housekeeper. YANA, the front desk attendant, came out already annoyed she had to come to the desk. I asked her if I could check in early. She told me no one checks in until 3. I offered to pay more money and no "no one checks in until 3." Her attitude from the start was probably the worst customer experience I have ever encountered. EVER! She rolled her eyes and sighed at me like I was a child. I left and returned at 330 to see two new workers. I checked in, and they were better than YANA, but just barely.
The lobby looks nice, but the room was not. The AC has no thermostat. It has cool/warm/high/low. It doesn't cool the room during the heat of the day. Also, it doesn't seem to dehumidify it at all. By the second night, my head was completely stuffy. The room is moist, and seems moldy.
The bathroom was big, but the water was horrible. I never notice hard and soft water, and I noticed the water seemed slimy. My kids even said it felt so weird.
The icing on the cake was when on the second day I needed a new room key because my husband had gotten into town. I walked to the desk and YANA was there again. I have never been treated in such a manor. She was annoyed with me and asked, "why do you need another room key?" I had already told her why. She asked for NO ID. She didn't even ask what my name was. I told her my room number and while making faces and rolling her eyes she issued me a new room key. NICE SECURITY. She could have just given a key to my room to a complete stranger. We were stuck here because rooms were sold out for nearly 40 miles. I seriously cannot believe YANA has a customer service job. I have never in my life been treated in such a way. I was so glad to leave there and will NEVER go back. Give your money to another hotel. They do not deserve a dime of it!!

Room Tip: Rooms at any other hotel are better. AC horrible. Rude Staff.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank molassesoc
Rikka B, Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
The hotel’s staff and management would like to take this opportunity to apologize to this guest for not meeting their expectations and thank them for letting us know about their experience. This is not typical of the service and amenities that we pride ourselves on offering. We will take these comments and share them with the team so if any concerns of this nature arise again we will be better equipped to respond to them in the future.

The hotel does have a strict policy of checking the identification of in-house guests prior to issuing an extra room key. This guest made such an impression on the front desk that she did not ask for her identification as she was confidant that she knew who she was.

In the spirit of hospitality,
Rikka Booth
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel is in a great location near the outlets and just off the highway. Nicely updated with clean rooms, a refrigerator and microwave. We enjoyed the pool and the breakfast the next day was awesome. The hotel also offers 10 percent discounts at several area restaurants. We chose the steakhouse and did not go wrong. Enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ramseys005
Dillsboro, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Just wanted to let Comfort Inn know how appreciative I was of their staff. On June 15 at 7:30pm I arrived only to find out Hotels.com made my reservation for the night before I was to arrive. That was partially my fault because I should have checked the dates rather than just writing down the confirmation number given to me. With that knowledge the staff at Comfort Inn called Hotels.com for me to make sure I would not be charged for the error. Not only did I not have a place booked, Comfort Inn did not have any rooms available. The staff went out of their way to call another hotel down the street and set everything up for me. They did not have to help me, but through the frustration they made two phone calls and took care of it all. I will definately make sure I have a room there for my daughter's next softball tournament! Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Christina D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
BEST WESTERN Edinburgh/Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside

Been to Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh? Share your experiences!