“Broken Adjustable Bed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
Johnson County, Indiana
“Broken Adjustable Bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The "adjustable" bed did not adjust on either side - it was broken and had obviously been broken for quite some time. The mattress was horribly lumpy and bagged down in the middle on both sides. We switched sides after the first night but both of us were very uncomfortable in the bed - it was the worst bed I've ever slept in in ANY hotel. It's a shame because otherwise the hotel is comfortable and quiet (no kids!) and the service is excellent.

Room Tip: Beware of the "adjustable" beds! Our was broken and horrible to sleep in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Check In: I was a walk in, w/no reservation; price at front desk was same price on internet. Reception was friendly and efficient with (really) great free cookies offered. Lobby was nice with plenty of meeting space adjacent to breakfast/bar/dinner area.

Room: Got the whirlpool suite. There was one and a half bath, whirlpool tub and separate shower in main bathroom. Nice Neutrogena amenities (no nail file) and plenty of clean towels. Comfortable couch, chair, and desk in main room with separate bedroom with comfortable firm bed and TV. Carpets, coffee maker, microwave, fridge and bed were all clean. The a/c heat was quick to respond to warm up the room on a cool night. Only negative is that the whirlpool tub was dirty, not on initial inspection, but when using the whirlpool tub it was obvious the jets were dirty as the residual after draining the tub was very apparent.

Parking: Easy and plentiful.

Breakfast: Breakfast was $9.99 a person, but very good and plenty of selection. Waitresses were very nice and quick to take and order then deliver it.

Check out: Fast, friendly and efficient.

Property: Well maintained, walking distance to the outlet mall and several restaurants. I would stay at this hotel again, but skip the whirlpool room.

Lakewood, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The front desk service has no since of treating others the same when you arrive, had I known that you would get treated base on your looks I would've never reserve this room. I would not recommend this hotel knowing the factor that there is much competition surrounding this location there front desk service needs to learn customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hgi E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience on Tripadvisor. Our staff is dedicated to providing the highest level of service to all of our guests. After reviewing your comments on the hotels survey site and tripadvisor, I understand that you had an experience during your stay that has made you feel that you did not receive a high level of service. I did recently leave you a message asking for your return call, however, I have not heard back. I hope you can take the time to follow up with me on what is considered a serious matter. I will make myself available to speak with you at your earliest convinience. I can be reached by email or phone.

Daniel Arnold
812.526.8600
daniel.arnold2@hilton.com
Rockwall TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here numerous times for business. I think this is the best Hotel in Columbus for several reasons. The hotel itself is very nice. The restaurant keeps a chef on staff who really knows how to prepare excellent off-menu items. The room service is reasonably priced, which makes in-room dining a nice option. And the staff is excellent. Carolyn in the restaurant/bar is great and Jiliane at the front desk has been extremely helpful. For those who complain about "no free breakfast", this hotel does offer rates that include breakfast. Anyone who travels often would be aware of this. Diamond members can opt for complimentary breakfast in lieu of bonus points. However, if a truly "free breakfast" breakfast is more important than overall quality of property and service, then across the parking is a nice Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Yelm, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

For the first three days I had a muffin and a coffee and didn’t realize I was supposed to pay, then one morning I had a banana and a coffee and the waitress handed me a $6 and some change bill, I could had paid $4.00 more dollars and had a full Breakfast. I travel often and this is the first Hotel I stayed in that did not offer free breakfast to hotel guests. When I come back to Indiana I will be looking for a hotel with free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you are tired of getting gouged everytime there is an event at IU Bloomington. Or sick of the dirting hotels near IU, this is a nice alternative. Fairly priced. In a safe area with shopping , restaurants etc About 45 min drive to IU. Definitely beats staying in Indy or Bloomington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Plover, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for 8 days on business. The balance of the hotel is typical for an HGI. Clean, well appointed, and with nice comfortable rooms. However the restaurant here is abhorent. It is the first "Please wait to be seated" American Grill and I do 150 nights a year in HGI's. The wait to be seated on the night I chose to eat there was way too long but quickly eclipsed by the 1 hour and 20 minutes it took to get a grilled steak and steamed vegetables. I was assured that the "normal" chef was much faster and more skilled with food preparation. However, when I travel for work, my schedule doesn't allow a 90 minute commitment to meal acquisition and so I was forced off property for my remaining lunch and evening meals. I ate my free breakfast off the buffet because I could not wait to be waited on and then for my food to be prepared as breakfast was also unbelievably slow.
I did find the front desk staff very friendly and knowledgable. Jiliane at the front desk is an absolute ray of sunshine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hgi E, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and well-appointed. We do everything we can to make sure our guests have a comfortable and welcoming stay. I do however understand that you were disappointed regarding our food and beverage quality. We are always listening to our guests feedback and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve the quality and selection of our menu items. Your business is extremely important to us and I apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way.

Again, please accept my apologies and I make myself available should you have any further questions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
BEST WESTERN Edinburgh/Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#4 of 10 in Columbus

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh? Share your experiences!