“Amish family restaurant, great homemade food.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Schwartz Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Eckerty
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Amish family restaurant, great homemade food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Very good!! Very nice family restaurant, everything homemade even ice cream. Worth the drive, few minutes off interstate!! Wished they hadn't run out of pecan pie, it looked delicious!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sdawn509

North Vernon, Indiana
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

we have ate at this restaurant four or five times. I stopped there today and had the all you could eat option. The food is always hot and fresh so far. I would eat here everyday if I could. The bread tastes like it is fresh made. It is off of the main Interstate, however, it is defiantly worth the side trip!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TandT47265
“Different place to stop on road trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped to stretch our legs and eat something other than fast food during road trip. Good country cooking- cafeteria style. Would stop again!

• Visited March 2013
Kentucky
“Buffet Simple & Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Four of us were out for a Sunday drive and we decided to stop here to eat since we heard good things about this place. We arrived 30 minutes before they closed for the day. They dip the food for you instead of you dipping your own. I think it's better for them to dip it as it seems to be more sanitary then having people dipping their own, especially younger children.

The buffet was simple compared to Hometown or Golden Corral. They had lasagne in the buffet and wife couldn't eat it. The chicken was good, but I think it's hard to mess up chicken. My sister had pulled BBQ and it had a strong smoky taste that made it difficult to taste anything else. I don't put much on my plate as I prefer to go back for fresh food. I went back for the second time 10 minutes before they closed and found they were out of mash potatoes. I was told they were not going to make anymore as it was getting too close to closing time. I have to admit that I stood there for a few minutes trying to process that information. This style buffet requires mash potatoes as the foundation to the plate. (There wasn't a rice dish) I wanted to get baked chicken and all they had left was one wing. For fried chicken, they had 1 thigh and the rest was white meat. I wanted dark meat so I was limited to one piece of chicken not wanting the wing. I got the other items and ate the food, but I was only eating to eat.
The dessert area contained 2 pieces of coconut creme pie and something else, can't remember. No other type of dessert was available. No fruit or pudding or ice creme or anything else.
The meal cost over $11 not including drinks. I guess Hometown Buffet and Golden Corral spoiled me. No matter how close to closing time, they keep putting food out to make sure that their customers had the same selection as someone that was there earlier. Maybe Schwartz should discount the meal when you come in within 30 minutes of closing time and then warn you that the food on the buffet is all they have left.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Definitely worth it even though may not look like it at first.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great selection, cafeteria style done well. everything we ate was very good. Excellent, friendly service. Save room for dessert.