$93
Comfort Inn(Hammond)
$110
$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

$110
$119
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$130
$125
Hampton.com
All reviewsindustrial arealake michiganbell hopnon smoking floorameristar casinolarge bathroomroom keybeautiful hotelparking garagefront desk staffup to datenice stayjames bondgamblingvaletslotsdoorman
Reviewed July 9, 2013

What a wonderful, unexpected surprise! The Ameristar Casino hotel is a real gem! The hotel is very modern and attractive. The service by all employees was outstanding - everyone was friendly and inquiring as to your comfort and needs. The 'town square' food area is unique and varied and the food is great. The buffet has a bit of a hospital cafeteria feel to it, but once you sit down and eat the food - you forget about that! Not as much choice as your larger buffets, but what they serve is all delicious and they have the most magnificent chocolate fondue fountain! We more seriously than not, wondered if we might just pay for desserts next time we visit! I was very pleased with the security provided on the elevators - must have a room key to operate the elevator. Another guest was in the elevator and did not understand this. We showed her how it worked and tried to enter her floor number with our car - wouldn't work. I was glad - very well thought out security. The rooms were beautiful - you really feel pampered here. The bathrooms were huge - allowed for privacy and were well-appointed. Probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! We had a nice view of the marina - and yes, the steel mill right beyond it. Like I said - a diamond in the rough! They do a great job of thinking of the little things. The room with the ice machine/vending machines even had a microwave - you never see that.
The casino was great as well. Not as large as many, but has everything you need, free sodas, and for a space that allows smoking - you barely could smell it - big plus!!
We were talking within the first hour of our next visit - only 30 minutes from home, but what a great, relaxing, fun, pampered get-away!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We love to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, Susan! Thank you for sharing your experience and for visiting. I'm glad we can provide a fun getaway for you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My 1st stay was sooo pleasant, I've already booked another stay. From the time we checked in till the time we left, everything went smoothly. Check in was a breeze! I really liked the elevator security (need to swipe your room key to get to the room floors). It made me feel better knowing the access was limited. The room was perfect, from the cleanliness to the decore. The rates are reasonable and valet parking is free when you stay. I have already recommended them to family & friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your recommendation and for being our guest! I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first visit to the Ameristar Hotel and it was wonderful. The room was huge, beautiful view of the lake, and soft bed top. I loved it, and immediately recommended it to all my friends. I can't wait till my next visit.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

We're glad you enjoyed your first visit, Lawrence, and thanks for giving us a try! We really appreciate your recommendations and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at Ameristar on June 29th for 1 night. Everyone that I met was very friendly and helpful, from the Doorman/Valet, "James Bond", to the Hotel check-in desk, Denise all were great.

My room was very clean and had a nice glass enclosed shower and a full size tub, the king size bed was comfortable and the TV had a great deal of stations.

I ate at the Amerisports Bar and Grille for dinner, and had the Heritage buffet the following morning for breakfast and both were good and the prices are reasonable.

Don't be alarmed by the neighborhood, steel mills, train tracks, tough neighborhood. Ameristar is clean fun and a good excuse to blow some hard earned money. Ha Ha

Bill B.-Fort Wayne, IN

P.S. Chenelle G.-don't forget to check on my tier credits from my Las Vegas vacacation. Stayed/played at all Mlife MGM resorts properties from june 10-12. I will return again for some more casino entertainment!!

Room Tip: All standard rooms are of a good size 500-550 sq. feet. They have non-smoking, smoking, and wheelchair accessable rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Firstnten
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thanks so much for the feedback on your stay – we love hearing from our guests after they visit. The new M life offers were just emailed last week; you can also check your Star Awards account online to see what your new offers are. Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My friend and I had been charter fishing all day and had planed on checking in, taking a shower and doing a little gambling early. After he had showered I got in the shower and there was no hot water (Room 416). So needless to say I had to take a cold shower, then I went to brush my teeth and the face bowl wouldn't drain properly (backed up ). The next morning at time of check out I let the front desk know and all I got was a I AM SORRY. This wasn't a memorable stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if they have hot water.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank bobuno52
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I'm so sorry about this. I've forwarded your review along to our maintenance team to check on the room. We are happy to follow up with you further regarding your stay if you send us a message to atyourserviceec@ameristar.com.