$93
$119
Priceline
$130
$125
All reviewsindustrial arealake michiganbell hopnon smoking floorameristar casinolarge bathroomroom keybeautiful hotelparking garagefront desk staffup to datenice stayjames bondgamblingvaletslotsdoorman
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My 1st stay was sooo pleasant, I've already booked another stay. From the time we checked in till the time we left, everything went smoothly. Check in was a breeze! I really liked the elevator security (need to swipe your room key to get to the room floors). It made me feel better knowing the access was limited. The room was perfect, from the cleanliness to the decore. The rates are reasonable and valet parking is free when you stay. I have already recommended them to family & friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thanks so much for your recommendation and for being our guest! I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first visit to the Ameristar Hotel and it was wonderful. The room was huge, beautiful view of the lake, and soft bed top. I loved it, and immediately recommended it to all my friends. I can't wait till my next visit.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

We're glad you enjoyed your first visit, Lawrence, and thanks for giving us a try! We really appreciate your recommendations and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at Ameristar on June 29th for 1 night. Everyone that I met was very friendly and helpful, from the Doorman/Valet, "James Bond", to the Hotel check-in desk, Denise all were great.

My room was very clean and had a nice glass enclosed shower and a full size tub, the king size bed was comfortable and the TV had a great deal of stations.

I ate at the Amerisports Bar and Grille for dinner, and had the Heritage buffet the following morning for breakfast and both were good and the prices are reasonable.

Don't be alarmed by the neighborhood, steel mills, train tracks, tough neighborhood. Ameristar is clean fun and a good excuse to blow some hard earned money. Ha Ha

Bill B.-Fort Wayne, IN

P.S. Chenelle G.-don't forget to check on my tier credits from my Las Vegas vacacation. Stayed/played at all Mlife MGM resorts properties from june 10-12. I will return again for some more casino entertainment!!

Room Tip: All standard rooms are of a good size 500-550 sq. feet. They have non-smoking, smoking, and wheelchair accessable rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Firstnten
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thanks so much for the feedback on your stay – we love hearing from our guests after they visit. The new M life offers were just emailed last week; you can also check your Star Awards account online to see what your new offers are. Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My friend and I had been charter fishing all day and had planed on checking in, taking a shower and doing a little gambling early. After he had showered I got in the shower and there was no hot water (Room 416). So needless to say I had to take a cold shower, then I went to brush my teeth and the face bowl wouldn't drain properly (backed up ). The next morning at time of check out I let the front desk know and all I got was a I AM SORRY. This wasn't a memorable stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if they have hot water.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank bobuno52
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I'm so sorry about this. I've forwarded your review along to our maintenance team to check on the room. We are happy to follow up with you further regarding your stay if you send us a message to atyourserviceec@ameristar.com.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I must say that Ameristar Casino Hotel in East Chicago is by far the best location to visit for rest & relaxation. From the warm, smiling faces that greet you as you valet park for FREE to the great staff that works hard for you inside the hotel (front desk, bellman, security and cleaning crew), they all should be rewarded for top notch service. By now you feel good all over, it's going to be a great night! Front desk provides your keycards and off to the elevator you go.
SECURITY AT IT'S BEST
Once on the elevator you must slide your keycard in so that you may reach your floor, NO KEYCARD AND THE ELEVATOR WILL NOT MOVE! I love that! It means more than you know until you benefit from it. Elevators have cams too.
ELEVATOR OPENS
and you pay attention to a few things that you normally don't, Carpet has great designs,is so soft and is remarkably clean. Sitting area next to elevators with a phone. Great environment.
OPEN THE ROOM DOOR
and what a great setting, Up to date TV with more channels than any other hotel I have been in, a nice desk to set up your laptop and anything else you may have, (It's a nice size), Dresser with 4 or 5 drawers, a refrigerator and a safe! Great Bathroom with tub and stand alone shower. But the best part of my stay is always the BED! It is great, perfect, spectacular, awesome and the pillows are sooo soft.
I HAVE BEEN MANY PLACES AND I CAN SAY HONESTLY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY THAT THE AMERISTAR IN EAST CHICAGO IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John T
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Wow John! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. We love to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your visit. Thanks for being our guest.