“A Pleasant Surprise in E. Chicago”

Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Chicago
Indianapolis, IN
“A Pleasant Surprise in E. Chicago”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were very impressed with the quality of this hotel from the minute we crossed the threshold. After taking advantage of the free valet parking, we entered a shining modern lobby. Check-in was quick and friendly, and access to the casino and amenities is easy. We had a semi lake-view room, a double-queen with smoking privileges. Surprisingly, for a smoking room, there was no lingering odor. The room was clean, inviting and functional. Free WiFi was a welcome asset. The flat panel TV was a bit strange, with the actual channels received not reflected in the welcoming channel guide on-screen. The bathroom was roomy, with both a stall glass-encased shower and a large tub. Our room had a dorm-sized fridge, and a safe. The furniture and the beds were very comfortable, although they have fallen for those strange square pillows, which I find nearly useless and annoying. Check-out was easy, but not as easy as most hotels these days, with a drop box in the lobby for your keys. How about offering in-room checkout? Just a thought. Over all we will definitely be back to enjoy this little oasis in the land of steel.

Room Tip: Ask for higher up and lake side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank misemici
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I'm glad you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for being our guest and we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The rooms are superb!! It's like being in Vegas. As soon as you check in, you are treated like royalty (Christine is the bomb!). All the restaurants are very very good. The steak house is out of this world (Jackie is great). It is a wonderful experience over-nite and close to home. Even if you live far away, give it a try, you won't be sorry. My casino host, Mike always keeps in touch with me. A truly great experience, we don't go anywhere else. The rooms and casino are super clean.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love this hotel, the service is always excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are great, love the comfortable beds and the set up of the bathroom..I always enjoy the deep luxurious bath tub. The service is always great. We've never had a bad complaint about the appearance of the room. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thanks for staying with us! We're pleased that we can always provide a comfortable stay for you. We appreciate your review and hope you can visit again soon!
Zion, Illinois
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is the best casino/hotel i've been to the people that operate this place are very nice the food is great and the hotel is head and shoulders above all the rest.and i've tried them all. the casino hosts are always their for what ever you might want."especially Clark Bone" the guy goes out of his way for you. even with a foot injury he made sure I had everything I needed. and to tell you the truth it's the luckiest casino for me in the country.the first time I went was the night it opened and I won some big dollars and i'm still winning.so if your looking for a fun place to gamble or just to get away for a night this is it. the lake and the lights from the hotelrooms are very lovely as well. relaxing spot to spend a night or two wiyh your wife.

Room Tip: I prefer the tenth floor or higher lake side beautiful after dark.any room is good however.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Second to none,if I wasn't an Indiana resident ,I would have thought I was in LasVegas.The buffet was superb,everything from the food,to the management. I will be returning in February. I applaud the services & attention that my wife & I received during our stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Thanks for being our guest! I'm glad you enjoyed Heritage Buffet and had a nice stay. We appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Staying at the Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago is always delightful. The staff goes beyond the call of duty to make you feel welcome. I have stayed at some top hotels throughout my travels to various major cities and this hotel rates among the best. In addition to an outstanding staff, there were other exceptional features that impressed me such as the security features, the pleasant atmosphere, the decor, variety of eateries, and the best cocktails in town. .

Room Tip: Ask for A room that is spacy and bright.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I'm glad you always have a great experience when staying with us! We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you can visit again soon.
Fox Lake, Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2013

No matter what casino we visit none of them compare with ameristar. The hotel is very clean and the people working there are very pleasant and helpful. As for the casino, we enjoy playing there more than any other casino. They also pay off more than most of thte casinos we visit.

Room Tip: we have no problem with any room or floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Chicago
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago? Share your experiences!