“Overnight ultimate enjoyment.”

Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Chicago
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Second to none,if I wasn't an Indiana resident ,I would have thought I was in LasVegas.The buffet was superb,everything from the food,to the management. I will be returning in February. I applaud the services & attention that my wife & I received during our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thanks for being our guest! I'm glad you enjoyed Heritage Buffet and had a nice stay. We appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Staying at the Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago is always delightful. The staff goes beyond the call of duty to make you feel welcome. I have stayed at some top hotels throughout my travels to various major cities and this hotel rates among the best. In addition to an outstanding staff, there were other exceptional features that impressed me such as the security features, the pleasant atmosphere, the decor, variety of eateries, and the best cocktails in town. .

Room Tip: Ask for A room that is spacy and bright.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

I'm glad you always have a great experience when staying with us! We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

No matter what casino we visit none of them compare with ameristar. The hotel is very clean and the people working there are very pleasant and helpful. As for the casino, we enjoy playing there more than any other casino. They also pay off more than most of thte casinos we visit.

Room Tip: we have no problem with any room or floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Being so close to home but feeling miles away. The rooms are beautiful and the suites can add a sweeter touch with your own private sitting bar , a master bath larger than my owe bedroom with a Jacuzzi tub. Comforting, beautiful and fun. The staff is always pleasant and always helpful. The hotel also provides a workout room. The restaurants provide something to reach every pallet.
Weather it's a sandwich from the sports bar, variety at the buffet, or fine dinning in the steakhouse I never had an unsatisfying meal. I have stayed here several time and always enjoyed myself. Clean, comfortable and always lots of fun.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your review and for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoy our rooms and dining options. Thanks for being our guest and we hope you can visit again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The best place to have fun and unwind. the room was off the chain the service was outstanding. I go there at least four times out of a week. the food thats another thing, its off the hook the service is good the places to eat which by the way I have eaten them all is clean and I can wait to do it again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I go to Ameristar four or five nights a week. I am 68 years old and have been going to casinos all over the US as a form of entertainment for 47 years. There is no doubt about it, Ameristar gives me the biggest bang for my gambling buck. They are very liberal with their comps and prizes (provided you behave in the casino) and the place is the cleanest casino I have been in. You can eat off of the stone floor in the lobby area. Their supervisory staff is knowledgeable and experienced and treat the casino guests with the highest respect. They have five dollar craps the vast majority of the time so you can make $200 go a long way if the Gambling Gods want their sacrifice. The food and service in the restaurants is extremely good and they have five restaurants to choose from. There are lots of screens on the walls to watch sporting events and the supervisory staff has always helped when I had a request for a sporting event. It has free soda and coffee on every floor of the casino and the cocktail waitresses not only serve drinks but bring you shrimp and finger sandwiches when you are playing slot machines. A small tip in this place goes a long way. The dealers also do a very good job but the thing that gets in their way and in the way of supervisors is that you have some rude people visiting the casino whose mission in life is to make themselves miserable and everyone around them miserable. They just can't stand prosperity and they make it difficult for the dealers, supervisors, and other guests. The hotel is exceptional in every respect and deserves all four stars, but I would like to see a swimming pool, steam room, sauna, and whirlpool. You are allowed to walk around on the outdoor boat decks for a little fresh air without a hassle from security. I started gambling at Ameristar 10/1/12 and have not gambled in any other midwest casino since then and have no desire to gamble anywhere else in Illinois, Wisconsin, or Indiana but at Ameristar, East Chicago, IN.

Room Tip: I have stayed at the Ameristar Hotel on about eight occasions since October 1, 2012 and have never b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Ameristar is a great place to visit, the rooms are extravagant, clean, spacious, beautiful décor and internet friendly. All employees are always, friendly and very professional. Ameristar have good room service and great places to eat in. Not to mention a large casino with several floors, including a non-smoking floor for the non-smoking guest.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Chicago
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago? Share your experiences!