Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
$134
Hampton.com
$125
$120
All reviewsindustrial areanon smokinglake michiganameristar casinolarge bathroomroom keyhotel is greatparking garagefront desk staffup to datenice stayjames bondgamblingslotsvaletdoormancomps
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I would like to comment on a receptionist who has a very bad attitude to the guests whenever I come there to check in. I avoid her automatically. Please inquire w/supervisors. The hotel staff a re wonderful! Whenever I request a small bar of soap or whatever they are very attentive! They make me feel very welcomed.

Room Tip: All of your rooms are spectacular!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 301PM
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thanks for sharing your review. I'm so sorry if you feel that way about one of our front desk team members. We certainly value your feedback and we would like to hear more about your check in experience. Please feel free to send your contact information and details to AtYourServiceEC@ameristar.com and we would be happy to follow up with you. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I cannot say enough about this hotel. I recommend it to anyone who wants to experience a little Vegas right outside Chicago for a fraction of the price. Will definately stay again. Go there! Go there now!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer G
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Wow, thanks so much for the recommendation! I'm glad you had a good time and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I must admit, I was quite skeptical about a local casino hotel room. I have been to some others, and was less than impressed. But, it was our anniversary, and it would be nice to have a quick getaway weekend. We've enjoyed gambling at Ameristar, and thought it was a nice, clean facility.

Imagine our surprise when we opened the door to our room, to find a room that would rival Las Vegas' finest! Everything about the hotel, from the friendly, attentive staff, to the huge, modern room was more than we ever expected or hoped for! The King size poster bed was clean and comfortable, the large flat screen TV had a great picture and good channel selection, and the bathroom was spectacular! A shower and separate tub, and separate room for the toilet were all part of the spacious, lavish luxury that this hotel offers.

Truly a jewel in Northwest Indiana! WE'LL BE BACK!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Marina. Very pretty at night!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MIke H

I hope you had a very happy anniversary! Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were treated as special guests from the moment we arrived to the moment we drove away. I have never before experienced the exceptional level of service we encountered from ALL of the personnel. I am referring to the hotel, casino, and restaurants. We were very well taken care of and we always had everything we needed. The staff is AWESOME! The Deluxe Queen Room we stayed in was absolutely gorgeous. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was tremendous. Toilet had a privacy door. The tub was huge! The separate, glass walled shower was wonderful. The mini-fridge is a must have. The television was very large and had wonderful reception. The entire property is exceptionally clean and attractive; as is the staff. We enjoyed a wonderful visit. We have stayed here before and will continue to stay here in the future. The amenities are too numerous to list. I can not imagine anyone would not be totally happy staying at Ameristar Casino Hotel in East Chicago, Indiana. We always are!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DONNA F
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you so much, Donna, for posting your review and for staying with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and service, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have visited all the casino/hotels in the Chicagoland area and Ameristar is by far the best!
Bugati's Steakhouse has great food as does the Sportsbar and Buffet. Personnel are all very friendly. The hotel rooms are large with good size bathrooms and always very clean. The suites are terrific and have a separate bedroom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DND456

Thanks so much for visiting and for sharing your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you can visit again soon!