$93
Comfort Inn(Hammond)
$110
$93
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$110
$299
$119
Residence Inn
$130
$125
Hampton.com
All reviewsindustrial arealake michiganbell hopnon smoking floorameristar casinolarge bathroomroom keybeautiful hotelparking garagefront desk staffup to datenice stayjames bondgamblingvaletslotsdoorman
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at this property for a quick little overnight getaway not too far from home. I briefly checked out the rooms on the website and decided that this would be a nice hotel/casino to stay at. I was amazed at the quality of service from start to finish and it was much nicer than expected! The valet and bell hops were very pleasant and polite. The front desk clerk was very accommodating and gave us a complete overview of the property, including locations of the restaurants and what time they were open until, as well as the hours of the fitness center, etc. once she learned that this was our first visit. One thing that was different at this hotel from any other that I stayed in was that you had to insert your room key into the elevator before you depress the button of the floor you wish to go to. This is an added security feature which I wish all hotels would have. The whole hotel is very clean and the decor is contemporary. We stayed in a room with a king size bed which was very comfortable. A nice feature was a light switch right by the bed that turned on the light by the door. Also in the room was a flat screen tv (46" I believe) and a comfortable couch as well as a chair with a foot rest. There also was a desk with sufficient lighting and electrical outlets to charge phones, etc. The room also contained a small padded table which can also be used as a chair if needed. The bathroom had marble floors with a separate shower area, a deep bathtub and separate toilet area. There was a large mirror for dressing and a pull out mirror for shaving, make-up, etc. A small refrigerator for drinks and a safe were also in the room. In the vending area down the hall, there was a microwave. The casino was clean and secure and the dinner buffet was one of the best I have been at. The food was hot and labeled. There were enough employees working to make sure all entrees were filled. Although that was the only restaurant we visited, there is also a sports bar, a Sbarro which is open pretty late, and a sandwich shop which is open 24 hours. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blondchick777
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thanks so much for your nice review. We really value your feedback and are glad you had a great first experience with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I reserve overnight stays at this hotel all of the time and have enjoyed each stay, that is the reason why I keep going back. The room is clean, I have a mini frig, a microwave with vending machine down the hall. The staff is friendly and willing to assist in anyway they can. I also enjoy gaming at this location, they have a couple of food places but I enjoy the sports bar the most.

Room Tip: It is sometimes hard to reserve a room on the weekend so call early because they book fast. I enjoy the view from the higher floor. All rooms do not have a frig, if you are looking for that make sure that you ask for a room that has one. Excellent rooms and service.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pooh338
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

I'm glad you enjoy each time you stay with us. Thanks for your loyalty and for posting your review. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at your property in Indiana. The staff were friendly, professional and treated me like a queen. I only wish I could have stayed longer.I will return and I most definitely will refer others.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank FMH414
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thanks so much for your recommendation. I'm glad you had an awesome stay and hope you can visit for longer another time!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Everything about the place is 5 star!!! From the second you check in (Christina, at the front desk is friendly, helpful and a real sweetheart) to the room & staff, until you check-out is great. They are just as quick to check you out as they are quick when you check in. Cannot say enough about the place. I'm letting out a big secret, now everyone will go there & I'll have a hard time booking a room!! It reminds us of a mini-Vegas right in East Chicago.....no need to travel out west anymore.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank themertz
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thanks for such a nice review! I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Christina. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Hello everyone my name is Tiffany OVERTON. I've been coming to Ameristar ever since 2008. I love coming to their casino,because of the atomsphere,good food, and playing slot machine. The hotel stays are wonderful,its an luxury room for free for one night. Better than Hampton's inn, Best Western and etc. While eating upstairs at VIP lounge, the chef's come out and ask where everything okay,is the food good and etc. I just love this casino they are the best casino in Indiana. I recommend everyone to visit them.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Pooda123
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thanks so much for your recommendation, Tiffany! We appreciate your loyalty and the love. We look forward to your next visit.