$93
Comfort Inn(Hammond)
$110
$93
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$110
$299
$119
Residence Inn
$130
$125
Hampton.com
All reviewsindustrial arealake michiganbell hopnon smoking floorameristar casinolarge bathroomroom keybeautiful hotelparking garagefront desk staffup to datenice stayjames bondgamblingvaletslotsdoorman
Reviewed August 23, 2012

When you feel the need to get away, Ameristar is The Great Escape! The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the casino is lively and full of action, and the hotel is impeccable for its service and anemities... and the FOOD!....the Heritage Buffet and Bugatti's Steakhouse will leave your tastebuds breakdancing to the best cuisine you ever tasted!.There is no other place so close to home that makes you feel like you are having a 'Vegas Moment'.. Honestly, I don't know what I would do if the Ameristar was not here as an outlet for venting, and having some fun and excitement.....Everyone who serves you is friendly, patient, and eager to assist you with even the smallest details. From valet to casino hosts, I feel just as important as a 'high roller' when I'm a guest at Ameristar..and even when I'm just out for a little casino action, I'm treated like royalty...so for me, this is the Great Escape ..so leave your cares behind for a while and go to the only place in Northwest Indiana where you can relax, and get pampered in true luxury that you deserve....Ameristar Casino and 'Luxury' Resort Hotel...My Great Escape!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very quiet if you want to rest...remember to call ahead and check on your room...don't leave it to the computer to handle your reservations. Always confirm with a human being. Be generous and 'tip'..do this before you hit the casino,.that way if your luck wasn't so good, at least you know you did the right thing, and you will have no reason to feel ashamed for all the great service that hospitality person gave you did not have to ask for or demand for that matter...(smile!) Although they will not ask, it is truly appreciated by the staff, and the right thing to do... You will have good Luck before you hit the slots, if you pass on a little kindness from the get- go......remember to Pay it Forward! A little consideration can go a long way! Enjoy your visit at Ameristar Luxury Hotel.....This is Dreamfoxx777 signing off!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank DREAMFOXX777
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thanks for such a fun review! We like all of our guests to feel like 'high rollers' and I'm happy you do each time you visit us. I'm glad you enjoy our dining options so much that your taste buds breakdance in celebration! Hopefully, you can treat them to another great escape soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I enjoyed myself very much,at the Casio/Hotel\Buffet.The rooms are beautiful and ctime I come to the Casiolean,the beds are so comfortable.I also enjoy playing the slots.The it iit s at.Staff is so friendly it makes you want to come back. East Chicago Casino is where its at.Thank You very much for the rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara S

Thank you, Barbara, for visiting and for posting your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the slots and had a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

my visit to ameristar was a delight. the rooms are beautiful the staff really go a step above to make your trip wonderful. they are friendly relaxed and seem to enjoy there job, which is to .make you feel at home. its nice and clean, the food is good and the staff is great what more could you ask for. i will go back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Patricia, I'm happy you had a great visit and will be back soon! We really do enjoy our jobs and hearing that our guests feel at home when they visit. Thanks for sharing your review.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

High limit employee's are nice and professional. Every time I stay there the rooms are clean and nice, My host does a great job, I would recomend this casino to anyone. The steak house has been very good and the help has treated us with the most respect.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Philip D

Philip, thanks for the nice review and recommendation! I'm glad you enjoy our staff, especially your host, and Bugatti's Steak & Pasta. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I hve stayed here several times and the rooms are always neat and clean. The desk staff is very professional. All the staff is friendly and helpful. There is great places to eat attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends