“exellent”

Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Chicago
Reviewed August 23, 2012

High limit employee's are nice and professional. Every time I stay there the rooms are clean and nice, My host does a great job, I would recomend this casino to anyone. The steak house has been very good and the help has treated us with the most respect.

2  Thank Philip D
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Philip, thanks for the nice review and recommendation! I'm glad you enjoy our staff, especially your host, and Bugatti's Steak & Pasta. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I hve stayed here several times and the rooms are always neat and clean. The desk staff is very professional. All the staff is friendly and helpful. There is great places to eat attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Judie777
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I enjoy myself whenever I visit the casion/hotel/Buffett. My kids get excited when I tell them that we are going to the boat to eat. The atmosphere of the casino floor is great!!!!! I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which room that you choose, they are all wonderful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tonya S
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thanks Tonya for posting! I'm glad your whole family enjoys visiting us. We can't wait for you to come back either!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Coming from the city, if you would tell me that the place you would have the best hotel service would be East Chicago, I would say that you were crazy. However, we had a fabulous time at the hotel. Everyone we encountered gave us excellent service. The rooms were fantastic as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fred S
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thanks for posting your review and staying with us. I'm glad you had a great dining experience and enjoyed your hotel room. We hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our room was amazing! Large, clean, spacious, and comfortable with a well designed large bathroom. This was one hotel room where the King size bed did not take up all the space. Lots of area to move around and lounge. Decor had a masculine feel - gold, black and red. Bathroom had both a soaking tub and a shower plus a seperate toilet area. I felt like a Queen!!

We stayed for a couple of days. Housekeeping heard us the first morning in the hall wondering if we should put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up while we went to breakfast so we wouldn't get back and find them in the middle of cleaning. She offered to clear up our room next, while we were at breakfast, to make sure it was ready for us. This was so considerate and reflected well on the whole staff.

The breakfast buffet was good with lots of choices, though we got there around 10:30am when they had to break down to get ready for lunch.

While the hotel was wonderful, getting there was "quirky" at best. Our friends offered to loan us their car. And after being driven to the hotel by them, we knew the roads and traffic were more than we could navigate comfortably even with their GPS. (And that is saying alot since we drive on the East Coast near DC & Baltimore frequently.) We were additionally surprised at the lack of taxi service. We asked about calling a cab at the front desk and they said it would be a 30 minute wait to get one! Our friends lived in Whiting, IN which, seems to have no hotels which is why we were staying in East Chicago.

PROS: Spacious accommodations, amazing bathroom, friendly staff, good buffet, food coupons for light casino playing.

CONS: Location - weird entrance road, view of steel mills, Buffet closed from 10:30am-11:00am, hard to get a taxi from that location, NO Mountain Dew anywhere (It's a "coke" place), a fitness center but no spa.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel gets less train noise than the other. You might want to ask about the "q...
4  Thank godwinshelley
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you so much for all of your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your room, meals and our guest services while you stayed with us. We hope you visit again!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Everything about this hotel is top notch except its view of the steel mills, which are immediately adjacent to hotel across the little marina. But you can close the curtains or request a room facing east, which would get you a fairly nice view of Lake Michigan, if the view is an issue for you. Buffet is superb, rooms are large, well appointed, bathrooms are impressive, and beds are comfortable. Not much immediately adjacent to hotel, but a short drive to shopping, restaurants and so forth, and easy access to interstate highways. Overall I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank LisaSchaler

I'm glad you enjoyed the Heritage Buffet and your room during your recent stay with us. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

To make a long story short, if you are Canadians bring your passports with you if you want a players card.My husband and I stayed for two nights we had our photo ID ready,but they said "oh your Canadian we will need your passports or you can't have a card.Our passports were locked in our car,had to get valet to get our car,then had him park it again,what a hassle!We have been to Vegas,Reno,Mississippi and many other casinos but this was a first!We went to the Majestic Star for a visit the next day with our passports in hand,they asked us do you have a drivers license?After we told them our story they laughed and just said "I guess they just don't like Canadians"I guess I must agree they don't.!

Room Tip: Didn't know they had a pool!
2  Thank keek57
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

We are really sorry for any inconvenience you and your husband may have experienced. Thanks for visiting and for the feedback. For all guests signing up for a Star Awards card, the following are accepted as valid forms of ID: U.S. driver's licenses and state IDs, Military IDs, alien registration or a passport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Chicago
Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville
Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville
#1 of 22 in Merrillville
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago? Share your experiences!