“expensive if you are bringing a pet”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The rooms are nice and beds are comfortable, however if your bringing a pet it is $25 a night for Fido to stay in the room. I have no problem paying for my dog to stay but when the pet is a 50% increase in the room rate that is a bit excessive.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jen R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the EconoLodge on Trip Advisor. I hope that you & " fido" enjoyed your stay. I understand to some, that our pet fee may be a little high. We base our charge on any repairs or cleaning of a guestroom that has had a pet. We want every guestroom to be clean and comfortable for tour next arriving guest. As EconoLodge is making many new and exciting changes, reconsidering the " fido" charges may be in the near future as well. Once again we appreciate your comments and your business !

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Not many choices in Decatur, Indiana. Older hotel, largely unoccupied and seemed like it was under construction. Units were very clean but very dated, peeling paint, small tube TVs with poor picture quality. Bed just OK. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Woverland
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms smell like smoke and the bedding and furniture is outdated. Service was nice and the morning breakfast was basic (bagels, cereal, OJ, donuts). Overall it was clean and good for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Do not bother to save money here! Not only did were we charged for 6 rooms and only had 3 rooms....there were no covers over the electrical outlets, our room smelled so bad until we ran the air conditioner we froze the stink. The pool was out of order, big shocker! I will have to say the beds were soft in our room. Not our parents, but ours was fine. My sister is still trying to work our bill out and it has been 7 days since we stayed there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Karisa D
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We made our reservation over the phone directly with the hotel earlier in the week. But when we arrived, they had no record of our reservation. The clerk was not apologetic, nor was she interested in our confirmation number. Fortunately, she had a room available. It took a while to get it because she kept getting interrupted by some guy whose room keys didn't work....he was on his third set and getting frustrated.

Anyway, the room had something gross on both beds. My husband went back down and asked for another room and got it. It wasn't so bad, though it did have thick dust on the headboards, a gaping space where the fridge used to be, half-a-roll of toilet paper (there were four of us) and stained washcloths, towels and bedsheet. We covered the stain on the sheet with a clean towel, not wanting to move all our stuff again.

Our sister- and brother-in-law arrived the same day, had made reservations in advance over the phone with the hotel, and the hotel did not recognize their reservation either.

My husband's parents also stayed at the same hotel. Took them a while to get a set of keys that worked. Their room wasn't too bad, but they were mystified by the little pile of grape tomatoes they found on the floor.

Breakfast was ok, but I think $80 a night is pretty steep for such a mediocre hotel experience. BTW, this address is correct but the hotel is now called Quality Inn (ironic, no?)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Owensmama
Reviewed December 1, 2008

When we visit my parents this is where we stay. It's clean and affordable. The beds are comfortable and you can get a good nights sleep. The pillows are comfortable and the staff are pretty friendly. They offer a continental breakfast that is average. There is an indoor pool and hot tub that's nice. The staff is pretty friendly.

The king room is nicely sized and they have a small refrigerator. They also have a couple of larger rooms available that have a small kitchette and a whirl pool tub in one of the corners. These are about $20-$30 more than the king room. It's nice if you are in Decatur for awhile.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank woody2662
Reviewed August 28, 2008

This property is a good deal. The room in which I stayed in was a King room. It was very large and roomy. It was very clean and even though the decor was a bit dated it has been well taken care of and clean. The bed was comfy and clean, actually I think the bedding is relatively new. The shower and comode are in a small room with the sink across in the main guest room, of course I'm traveling on business and this was not an issue for me as it might have been if traveling with children. The staff was friendly and courteous. There are plenty of restaurants within 2 miles or so of the property with an Arby's next door if you enjoy fast food. The price was very affordable for my budget. The wireless internet was perfectly fine and I had no major issues. I will return to this property if in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!