“Love it”

Budget Host Stone's Motel
Budget Host Stone's Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dale
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been staying here for three weeks and i love it very reasonable prices. Management is awesome. Love my room. You Should definitely stay here. It's a great place to stay people are friendly If you need an affordable place to stay. Stay here because the groceries right next door into Dollar General. The Mexican restaurant in the parking lot is awesome

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife, 2 kids and I stayed here Aug. 25. We were unsure b/c of all the bad reviews and the place looks dumpy. I had the owner show me a room first and it was satisfactory. It was room 22 and only $49.99. Two beds (not real comfortable) small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, tv and window air. The mexican restaurant in the same lot was excellent. I will definitely stay here while visiting Holiday World. I recommend checking out the room first. Don't be scared - don't judge a book by it's cover. My kids are 4 and 6 and we felt totally safe. Also there's a dollar general real close by.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Redhawks94
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at this motel 2 nights. It was okay, but certainly not worth 88$ a night. My main gripe was with check-in - the front desk people seemed to have very little command of the English language, but after a lot of confusion and frustration we did manage to get a key to a room. A No Smoking sign was attached to the door with velcro. The room itself was outdated but seemed clean. Our bathtub had cigarette burns, but everything in the bathroom worked, as did the TV and refrigerator. We spent 2 days at Holiday World and it was nice to have just a short trip back to the room. I would have rated this "average" if the rates were lower, but we later stayed at a Best Western that was clean and modern for a lower rate than what we paid here, so I think this one was a poor value.

Room Tip: ground levels rooms have parking right in front - convenient but also noisy
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This motel is horrrible. It is close to Santa Claus Land and inexpensive. The room appeared clean upon arrival but very worn and the ceiling in the bathroom had heavy water damage and looked to be ready to cave in. However we were there for just a few hours and it was late so we decided we could deal with it for one night. UNTIL we found several extra inhabitants - big cock roaches!! We didn't see them until we got up shortly after going to bed and turned on the lights and they went every direction. We vacated the room in the middle of the night. So if you like a hotel with extras like mold, water stains, dated ratty furniture, and COCKROACHES this is the motel for you.

Room Tip: Stay away!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Service was horrible. The owner even tried to scam me out of $40. Usually ice is free to guest but they charge you for it. The room smelled bad. The tub was dirty. Tried to get a shower with cold water. Thats only if you could get a drip to come out of the faucet. The toilet would barely flush. It was leaning like it was gonna go through the floor. The only thing good was the restaurant. It doesnt look like much but the food was amazing. It was close to Holiday World and this was all that was available. The pool was unclean.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I don't really know the owner to well but seems like a very good guy. The rooms are very oldschool but very clean. I have seen what these other people have written and the room they probably stayed in were the rooms that were supposed to be renovated but since the motel was packed im assuming he gave them those rooms just so they have some where to stay. I was almost put in that room but when i arrived a guy came in and was checking out. So they cleaned the room and the room smelt great and was cool and clean. I loved my stay because how close it was to holiday world not to mention the clean great valued rooms.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank GaryParker21
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I have never in my life stayed at a worse place. The room smelled. All of our clothes smelled like the room when we got back home so everything had to be washed. The toilet overflowed. The bathroom smelled like urine. We had to go buy air freshener to tolerate staying there for our 3 nights accomodations. The only reason we did keep the room is because there was NOWHERE within 45 minutes in all directions that had a room available. If you are going to Holiday World, book well in advance so you don't have to take what's available.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
SureStay Plus By Best Western, Jasper
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Rockport

Been to Budget Host Stone's Motel? Share your experiences!