“Clean rooms and friendly staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dale
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We checked in late in the evening on May 23rd after a bad experience at a hotel about 5-10 minutes down the road. I even asked to see our specific room before we checked in to make sure it would work for us and they were more than happy to help. They were out of suites so we took a double queen room. It was the largest non-suite, double queen room I've ever stayed in. We had plenty of room to set up our pack-n-play and there was a nice table where the kids were able to eat a late dinner. There were two microwaves and two small refrigerators in the room. The rooms were very clean and quiet despite what appeared to be a full house. We were actually across from the elevators and were not disturbed at all. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2008

We stayed at the Baymont because it was closest to Holiday World and was available. We paid military rates and still it was 140.00 a night. We thought for that amount of money it should be a decent hotel. It is really a (mayble) a 60.00 a night hotel room that they charge you a whole lot more for because of it's location.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel lobby was very clean. The room left a lot to be desired. The beds were old and very lumpy. You could tell right away which side of the bed hundreds of others had decided to sleep on.
The bathroom area very small, and the toiletries provided were very skimpy. One bottle of shampoo, two bars of soap and a aluminum pouch of lotion. I always bring my own stuff, but I have found it is a sign of quality of hotel on what they leave their patrons.
The room was very hot when we entered. We turned the air down and went to sleep, exhausted after a long day at the park. At three in the morning I was ready for the night to be over. The air conditioner unit would click and bang, as if some one was standing on the outside of building throwing rocks at the back of it, every time the compressor would cut on. It was miserable.
Wake up and go to eat breakfast at eight in the morning, the breakfast closed at nine. It is ok if you want carbs and nothing else. The only fruit available is apples. You get a choice between apple, orange juice, coffee or milk. The food section consist of cereal, bagels, toast, french toast, doughnuts and muffins. You should get there early because they were starting to cut the doughnuts in half by the time we were eating breakfast so that they would go farther. They did have nice area to eat in and there were plenty of different paper around to read. There were also plenty of bratty children making a mess of the food area. Not the hotels fault but if you are having to stay in the area for other reasons besides Holiday World something to consider.
We did not check out the pool area while we were there. My kids did click on the TV that morning and they only had 12 channels and no kid related shows. Not a big deal, my children can live for 24 hours without TV, but in a hotel where you were the rates were much higher for a park that is for children you think they would accommodate them a little better.
Besides for the staff, the whole experience was not a good one and will not be one that we repeat again, at least at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank milesmarie
Reviewed June 16, 2008

This hotel was okay, we stayed here when we went to Holiday World with our 7 year old & 3 year old. After a long day at Holiday World I was disappointed to come to the hotel & find out their TV didn't have any children's programming for the kids to enjoy, and as it was raining, the evening quickly got boring.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Stayed here for two nights during the Holliwood Nites event at Holiday World and will only stay at this hotel in Dale in the future.

They have good clean rooms and bathrooms, a great buffet breakfast and the most courteous reception staff I have ever met in my life! The ladies were so kind and always found time to talk to myself and my colleague. Theye were intrigued by our English accents and we had such a laugh with them. Made the stay that little bit more special.

Will be back again ladies!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2008

I booked this hotel for my trip to nearby Holiday World and it is now my favorite hotel in the area. I've stayed at the nice but simple Motel 6 across the street and Santa's Lodge across from Holiday World. The Baymont was a better value than the others (a good $30 cheaper), had more free amenities than the others and was just as nice if not nicer.

I was expecting something along the lines of a Super 8 or Days Inn but the lobby looked like a Hampton Inn but on a more budget scale. The rooms were quite attractive and clean for the money. The beds were a bit hard but the bedding was clean. The bathroom was exceptionally clean. The continental breakfast was good with a decent selection for that style of breakfast bar.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2006

The good news is that the hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly. However, the furnishings are dated , the sheets are very thin and the towels very scratchy. The breakfast was the usual, rolls, cereal, and donuts. Not much fresh fruit nor anything to cook. However, it is really about the only game in town in yif ou have to stay in this area. Not awful, but I sure wouldn't go out of my way to stay here. Has one of those window units for a/c. When I turned on the heat, the smell was over powering. Can't really regulate the temp.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2006

The Baymont in Dale is located immediately off the highway, a few minutes from the town of Dale and no more than 10 minutes from Holiday World in Santa Claus. The only problem is a lack of nearby stores and restaurants- the immediate area includes a Motel 6 and a gas station with small convenience store.

The hotel looks fairly new and is very well maintained. The lobby and hallways are attractively decorated and even the stairwells have wallpaper and carpeting- not the usual bare walls and floors that most hotels feature. It's a small but impressive touch. The room was of average size and nicely decorated and furnished. Free high speed internet access is included, provided you have a wireless card for your laptop.

A bit more money (but not much) compared to other area hotels but it was worth it for a nice, clean room. Because of this, I will look for more Baymonts on future trips.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank Wildwoodian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Comfort Inn
#1 of 1 in Santa Claus
Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
Budget Host Stone's Motel
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Jasper

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Dale? Share your experiences!