“Good customer service”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dale
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while on a road trip this summer. The staff at the desk was great. Best Western and I had a little misunderstanding about my membership rewards, which I tried to resolve on the phone at the desk. The staff was very accommodating and helpful, and upgraded our room because of the inconvenience caused by corporate. Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. This was one of the nicest Best Western locations we've stayed at. Also, the desk recommended a Mexican restaurant down the road which was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AmiAble50
Mandy N, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dale, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for the compliment. We hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here during our visit to Holiday World as did everyone else who was going to Holiday World. That means lots of kids running around but nothing out of control crazy. The breakfast in the morning consisted of eggs, sausage, waffels etc. I was told it was a continental breakfast so I was very happy to see eggs and sausage being served. They did a good job keeping the food stocked considering all the people trying to eat. The hotel staff here really are nice and helpful. I always had to ask for towels in the pool are but that is to be expected with the amount of people swimming. The hotel is older but they have renovated the rooms. The bed were comfortable and the room was pleasant to be in. The Internet is very slow but, again, considering the area that is also to be expected.

There is only one elevator so I used the stairs alot. It was way faster.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lisa b
Mandy N, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dale, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We appreciate the feedback. We hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here after a long hot day at holiday world. There's not much to choose from to be honest. It was fairly clean. Very outdated. The indoor pool was kind of gross. Broken ceiling areas. Loose tiles around the pool. The floor looked very dingy / paint from wall on the edges of the floor. The color of the water was a bit green and it was very cloudy. Couldn't see past your waist. I felt this was way overpriced for what was offered but I guess when you're competing with no one you can get higher rates. Where else are you going to stay??

• Stayed: August 2012
Mandy N, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dale, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

I do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. I hope you will consider us in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed for a trip to Holiday World. The beds were uncomfortable and noisy. The breakfast was very poor and short on items for the guests. We waited with other guests as precooked eggs and sausage were brought out in small quantities. The coffee was weak and had the look of tea. Even the toilet paper was flimsy, thin and cheap. The hot tub was dirty. The elevator was broken. The worst of the visit was waiting for the maintenance man to unstop the drain on the ice machine. When he put the door back on there was blood on it. He commented he must have cut himself as he tried to wipe the blood off with his hand. He then used part of his tee shirt to wipe off the blood and walked away saying it was fixed. Wow. I did not use the machine.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor ice machine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Mandy N, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dale, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

I do aplogize for any inconvenience you had during your stay.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The proximity to Holiday World is great about ,15 minutes tops. Friendly staff. Wendy's and Denny's very close by. Our room was quiet even though we were near the elevator. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub.

2  Thank Cheryl A

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and hope you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family (13 total) stayed at this location recently while making a trip to Holiday World. The hotel is VERY nice. It is located about 10 minutes from the park, which is really good considering Holiday World is really in the middle of nowhere. Not a lot in this area. Your only real food choices that I saw were Denny's, Subway, or Wendys (which are all within 2-5 minutes from the hotel). The staff was very friendly, and we had no complications with check-in/ check-out. OUr room was spacious, and included a flat screen tv, mini fridge, and microwave. This Best Western also has a small indoor pool. This is by far the best hotel in the Holiday World area.

PROS:
- Very close to Holiday World compared to other hotels.
- Breakfast each morning 7-10 am.
- Nice and clean rooms
- Room extras (flat screen tv, mini fridge etc.)

CONS:
- A little expensive, however you get what you pay for.
- Check-In is at 4pm (which seems to be a little late).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Addison R
Mandy N, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dale, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for the compliment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us in the future.

Thank you for choosing Best Western Lincolnland Inn!

Mandy Hamby
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This is the best hotel near Holiday world, I have stayed at other hotels in the area and none come close that are within 10 miles of the amusement park. The rooms have a modern decor and the staff works hard to please and keep the hotel clean. I arrived very early and my room was not cleaned, instead of sending me on my way they said we will clean it now.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank moore1md
Mandy N, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dale, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your compliment. We appreciate your feedback. We strive to make all of our guests stay comfortable.

Mandy Hamby

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Comfort Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Dale? Share your experiences!