“Nice room, free breakfast, near Holiday World!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dale
Orange County, CA
“Nice room, free breakfast, near Holiday World!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

This was our second time staying here. Last year we stayed at this hotel for a trip to Holiday World and liked it so much that we came back again!
The room was big enough for all of us (3 adult girls). We got the king bed/sofa bed room and it was more than enough room. Last year we got the double bed room and it was a little bigger, but this one was fine.
Everything was clean, and the staff was very kind and accomodating. The free breakfast saved us a lot of money (there's a Denny's within walking distance, but it was nice not to have to spend money on breakfast!) It's not fancy...but it's free donuts, bagels, waffles, boiled eggs, etc. If you complain about free food you're probably pretty lame.
It takes about 10-15 minutes to drive to Holiday World from this hotel. I totally recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

The hotel is ok clean. Staff is great. Rooms very small and need updates. No vents in bathroom so bring air freshner! No hot water in shower for our room. Beds are not bad if you like soft. Not many chanels to choose from. Free wifi! Breakfast is ok but not very healthy and breakfast room gets very packed and not easy to move around in. workout room has two pieces of equipment.There is a gas station, a wendy's and deny's within walking distance. very close to the park next to other choices. No stores to shop for needs close but there is a tiny grocery store close to park and a dollar general.

Room Tip: book ahead it gets packed
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tennesseemommie
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Holiday World. The staff was very friendly. Our room had a king sized bed, but the room was not much bigger than the bed. However it was very quiet, clean and nicely decorated. One thing I did not like was that my bed was not made after the room was cleaned. I asked the front desk staff and she said sometimes the maids do not make the bed if there are items on the bed, but there were no items on the bed, just luggage beside it. Although she was very apologetic, I was still disappointed that I was paying $85/night and my bed didn't get made. The pool was wonderful - very warm, and the hot tub was very relaxing after a long day of roller-coaster riding. The breakfast was decent, with many different foods to choose from. All-in-all, definitely a great place to stay if you're going to visit Holiday World!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here (it is a Best Western at this writing) in July 2010. The room was nicely decorated, with chocolate brown/sage decor, large square framed close-up collages of leaves/prints for artwork, with modern design lamps, and nicely upholstered accent chairs, nice fabric drapes with cute sheers, and a good sized flat screen TV. The beds each came with 4 pillows, which is a plus for me, as I like to sleep with more than 1. The beds were extremely comfy - not too hard, not too soft. Our room was spotless and the bathroom, too. The room had a dresser cabinet with a compartment for the fridge/microwave. Our air conditioner was quiet, and seem to respond the the temperature changes just fine - I liked that you could set it to a specific temperature instead of just having a dial.

We had requested a crib, and they staff confirmed it upon arrival, but an hour later it still was not in our room, so I had to call and ask that it be delivered - so it seems that their internal workings could use a bit of improvement in the communication department.

The breakfast had a waffle station where you could make your own, but other than that it wasn't very good. Bread for making toast, Fruit Loops/Cheerios/Raisen Bran for cereal, apples, orange juice/milk/apple juice for drinks. Nothing special and we opted to skip it the second day.

I did think the hotel was on the pricey side - we paid $377 for two nights, including taxes. But, hotels in that area all seem to be pretty expensive, as they know you are there to be close to Holiday World. Overall, it was a good experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

I stayed here along with my wife, three kids (ages 6, 4, and 1), and mother-in-law on a recent vacation to Holiday World. (We obviously had two rooms, connected by a common door.)

The good:
+ The rooms were very clean and looked as though they were recently redecorated.
+ The beds were extremely comfortable. Our two older kids had no problems sleeping.
+ It's a little out of the way, so it's very quiet in terms of traffic noise.
+ The breakfast was good (though Holiday Inn Express is still the gold standard of hotel breakfasts).
+ It's only about 10 minutes from Holiday World, close enough to make the drive go by fast but far enough away that it's a better price value than some of the closer hotels.

The not-quite-as-good:
+ The air conditioners are VERY LOUD. When they kick on, it sounds like a jet airplane is taking off in the parking lot. Fortunately our 1-year old sleeps like a rock and I always travel with ear plugs, but some people might find themselves woken up several times a night by these if you travel in the summer.
+ The pool has a lot of chlorine in it, almost to the point where it hurts your eyes walking in the room.
+ It is sort of in the middle of a cornfield, which has some good points (see above) but it's also not close to any restaurants except a Denny's. That Denny's is very nice but it would also be good to have more choices close by. Jasper has a lot to choose from but is ~ 20 min away, perhaps too far for a drive with small, hungry kids.

Overall it's a nice hotel and a good choice for those looking to go to Holiday World or just en route through southern Indiana.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Rtalbert
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

Our stay was great: check-in went very smoothly, the room was super-clean and comfortable, and the continental breakfast was good. Very reasonable rate, too.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
indpls, in
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

You would think at a rate of $189.00 per night you should have a working toilet in your room. That was not the case during our stay. We checked in and within 5 minutes of being in our room the toilet overflowed. It not only flooded the bathroom, but the bedroom carpet as well. One of the staff members plunged the toilet & mopped up the water with towels. I tried to get another room, but all that was available was a smoking room (yuck). I declined, but was offered a discount if we stayed.
No one bothered to clean the bathroom floor (remember it was just mopped up with towels), in my opinion this is the most disgusting thing since I had my small children with me! The toilet ran all night long making it difficult to sleep and to top off the miserable experience....the toilet would not flush in the morning. We had to fill the ice bucket with water to "flush"!
When we checked out I brought it to the staff's attention that we had been offered a discount. The woman at the front desk rolled her eyes at me and acted as though we had done something wrong. She then offered a whopping $20.00 off of our bill. Told me her hands were tied & that was all she could offer. I asked her to call the owner and she told me he was out of town & unavailable, "besides", she said, "the most he will offer you is 10% off of your bill." There was no point in arguing. She was rude & it was obvious I would get nowhere.
Upon returning to our home, I checked my bank statement online & found that I was charged full price! They didn't even bother to give me the lousy $20 off!!
I have called the Best Western Corporate Office and hope to get this resolved. I think that after having to walk through dirty toilet water all night long we should receive our money back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kjj44

Travelers are raving about these Dale hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express Tell City
Days Inn Jasper
Days Inn Jasper
#2 of 5 in Jasper

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Dale? Share your experiences!