“Sweet relief after a disastrous trip to Paoli/French Lick, IN!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Dale IN

Motel 6 Dale IN
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dale
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Sweet relief after a disastrous trip to Paoli/French Lick, IN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2007

After a horrible experience that involved our motel in Paoli lying about our check-in time and giving our room way two hours before they told us we could check in AND security at French Lick resort ruining the Jerry Lee Lewis concert we tried to attend...we found sweet relief at the Motel 6 in Dale, Indiana!
We had left the Paoli/French Lick area since our room at been given to someone else. We drove to the only rest area on the road and I had to rest for about 30 minutes before I could drive on. We finally had to stop for gas in Dale, Indiana. There was a Motel 6 behind the gas station and we decided to see if they had a room. They did!
Lacy...the girl behind the counter was so polite and helpful. She was so nice it almost made me cry from the horrible treatment we'd gotten in Paoli and French Lick.
The front lobby was clean and looked new. The whole motel looked like it was either new or had just been renovated.
Our room was modern and uncluttered. It had very nice modern looking sconces for lighting. The bathroom was laid out in a funky way that I'd never seen before in a motel bathroom. It was cool!
The room had it's own thermostat...so we could make the room as warm as we wanted. The beds were super comfortable.
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and perfumes. We asked for a non-smoking room and we certainly got it. I've stayed in many hotels that say it's a non-smoking room when it's not. This Motel 6 also didn't use a lot of "perfumey" cloying cleansers. It just smelled clean and fresh.
I cannot recommend the Motel 6 in Dale, Indiana enough!
The staff the next day was polite and very friendly.
I'll never be going to this area again since I'll never go to the Paoli/French Lick area EVERY AGAIN...but I have friends and family who go to Holiday World up in that area and I will certainly recommend this hotel to them!
Thank-you Motel 6 in Dale, Indiana for welcome respite after a disastrous trip to Paoli/French Lick, Indiana.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL!!!!

• Liked — How great the employees were!
  • Disliked — I have no complaints about this motel at all.
  • Stayed February 2007
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank LauraClearwater,FL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2006

Stayed in this hotel shortly after it opened in 2001 and was shocked at how nice it was for the money...That said, stayed in this motel for two nights in July 06 and was shocked at how bad it has become.The beds were lumpy and way past the time to replace.The room door jamb is not plumb allowing noise and light into the room at night. Fortunately we were on the 1st floor as the elevator broke while we were there.
Now I understand things break..but the sad thing is the clerk pulled out some pre-made laminated notes and stuck them to the elevbator doors on each floor to say they are out of order....clearly showing this must happen frequently.Same goes for the ice machine.
The clerk was apathetic at best and never offered an apology to any guests who had to haul their suitcases up and down the dank, concrete staircases...Forgot to mention that I tried to get another pillow as mine was so worn...the clerk told me "We're out of pillows"....
I could go on and on ....but bottom line at $80 at night...avoid this dump like the plague!

• Stayed July 2006
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank Koei-Seun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg
Holiday Inn Express Tell City

Been to Motel 6 Dale IN? Share your experiences!