“Beds felt like you were sleeping on rocks”
Review of Motel 6 Dale IN

Motel 6 Dale IN
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dale
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I went with my friends last month and we stayed at this motel over night and paid about $100 for the 1 night stay. The beds were hard, lumpy and felt like you were sleeping on rocks. The rooms were as plain as you could possibly get. The internet was slow as molasses, went to check out facebook and the weather channel on their computer and took over 15 minutes too load each site. They didn't even have a contenital breakfast for the price that they charged for the room. I realize that it is Motel 6 but for almost $100 a night it should have been better, the room and stay was worth maybe $40 at most. I heard they remodeled, I don't see any progress at all in their hotels, still the same. The only thing good about the hotel was their service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family & I stayed one night when vacationing at Holiday World. I thought we couldn't beat the price and the location -only being a few miles from Holiday World. Wrong! For starters --
The room had a smoky/musty smell to it. The bathroom was dirty. I found hair in the bath tub & on the bathroom floor when we first arrived. We paid $25 to use the Pack & Play for our 1 year old. We didn't end up using it because there was no sheet & it was dirty & smelled. (Yes -We did get our money back because we turned it in the next morning.) I usually don't wear house shoes, but sure wished I had some that evening. I didn't want to walk barefoot on the bedroom floor. If I had of known, we would have just paid double the price & stayed across the highway, or drove a few extra miles & went to Jasper, IND to stay overnight. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank stadyl77
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Dale IN, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear stadyl77 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The odor and bathroom cleanliness issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

An off the highway hotel in Indiana, reasonably priced. We continued on after having dinner in Louisville, and this hotel was convenient for our road trip needs. Our room was clean, somewhat run down but the price was right. No real complaints for us despite the previous negative reviews, the staff was friendly and we slept well.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am staying here tonight, against my better judgment. This is an "out of all other options" location. From horrible desk service, non-existent wi-fi and dirty linen... to non-functioning plumbing, a creaky elevator and dingy decor - this place has all the charm of a horror film. Please stay away. I would sooner sleep in my car. At nearly $100 per night I expected at least a functional property. Gross.

1  Thank JasonWalkerTN
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Dale IN, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear JasonWalkerTN - We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, service and maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I read a lot of the reviews on here and was cautious to rent a room there, however the alternative was paying $200 a night at any of the surrounding hotels. After doing a little research it states on the website they only have free coffee and breakfast. The staff was super friendly. I found the room to be decent they do need better pillows. I talked with the manager named Lee and found him to be very knowledgeable and friendly. The reviews that said the staff is unfriendly were very untrue. I was polite to them and they were very polite to me. Compared to the prices of the other hotels you're getting what you pay for.

1  Thank karmaiseverywhere
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Prior to booking, I came across all these terrible reviews!! I was reluctant to book a reservation, however we were going to be at Holiday World for 2 days and wanted cheap rates, so we booked here. The reviews kind of stretch the truth. My only complaints are: the water pressure isn't great and the cable isn't great (but after long hours at Holiday World, whose gonna watch TV? We didn't!!) This hotel is literally 8 minutes from the Holiday World, AND you can get there on a back road rather than a busy highway with traffic!! So, take it from me: if you are spending a couple of days at Holiday World, and just need a place to sleep and shower, for a great price in a convenient location, stay here! ;-D

7  Thank rdawnfields08
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I called on Sunday and checked prices and was told 90 something and they were running a special for 20 percent off. Which would be around 70$. I than called around and got other rates around holiday world which were way higher than 70$. So I checked reviews on here and they all had about same reviews which was none were so great. So I called back on Monday at noon, and talked to Lee who said I should have got the room yesterday because there specials change at any given time. Ha, one day, and not a mention about tomorrow would be to late when I called Sunday. Needless to say they made up my mind where I wanted to stay which was next to holiday world at Santa lodge. I will let you know how that goes.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank special2me81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
#1 of 1 in Lewisport
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Rockport

Been to Motel 6 Dale IN? Share your experiences!