“Avoid this place!”

Motel 6 Dale IN
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dale
“Avoid this place!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

2 hours for Internet access is a joke. No breakfast and coffee is only available in the morning at the lobby. The Internet help number I called sent me to a voicemail which only said no one was available to help me at this time. No shampoo in shower, only two small bars of soap. Tv had ten channels on it. Housekeeping gave us NO towels when they cleaned our room. Room was damp and smelled funny. Front desk staff were rude and acted like they were better than us. $90 a night is a joke for what you get. The only reason they charge this rate is because it's in season and close to Holiday World. Most of the good reviews here must have been written by motel 6 staff members or people who stayed here off season and got a better rate. Stay away from this dump whatever you do!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I came to visit with a few friends to visit Holiday World and found this hotel to be lacking.

1. The biggest Gripe - They give you a code to use the internet which is standard, but then they tell you it only will work for 2 hours and then you're done. That is Terrible, who uses the internet for 2 hours straight and then doesn't need it again the rest of their stay. Give us a break!
2. No lamps in the rooms.
3. No paper / pencil (Bring your own)
4. Just a bar of soap, no shampoo / no conditioner (Bring your own)
5. I think you only get like 13 channels on the TV
6. No breakfast - Coffee is available.
7. Shower is PUNY.... i's not a big person at all and had problems shifting around in that small shower.
8. Room was damp, and air conditioner hardly worked.

The room was clean, and bed was fine to sleep on.. at least that... the rest was lacking.

In Conclusion:
If they are going to give us less they should make us pay less. I don't want to pay the same prices as other hotels and be inconvenienced. If you're planning a trip, stay away, find something better in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dave D

Travelers are raving about these Dale hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2013

At the time of our trip, this was the cheapest hotel within a 20 minute radius of Holiday World. That being said had this hotel been anywhere besides in the vicinity of an amusement park, it would have been overpriced. The hotel itself was very basic and the lobby and room extremely plain. The staff was also just ok, not rude but not friendly. Although the hotel was nothing special, it was a very easy drive from the park. We couldn't find much to eat around the hotel and actually ended up driving back to Santa Claus for pizza. Most important note I can offer is that this hotel is in a different time zone than Holiday World and Splashing Safari so be sure to take that into account of planning your day!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I picked this motel because of its nearness to the Oriole trail head in Hoosier National Forest, and was not disappointed, it is only about 45 minutes away.

When I first checked in, I started to get settled and then realized I could hear every single word of a phone conversation someone was having in another room. The door into the hall actually didn't quite seal all the way, so I couldn't be sure if it was from across the hall or the adjoining room, but there's no way I could sleep like that! I went to the front desk, and the lady was super nice about moving me to a room with no nearby occupants.

Everything was spotlessly clean, and the price was fabulous, I'll definitely stay there again the next time I want to do something in the south side of Hoosier National Forest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank msmythe365
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I show dogs and have stayed at many Motel 6 properties over the years, so I didn't think twice about traveling to this one with 2 well behaved small dogs. Unfortunately, after traveling for 5 hours to arrive at this property, I was required to sign a paper saying that I had one pet. I really didn't think much about that because I have stayed in Motel 6's next door to 5 Great Danes in the recent past. But they really mean it at this property. I stayed two days, and was required to leave at 9:41 PM EST (my time) on the second day because I had more than one pet, even after offering to send one pet with my friend for the night. My pets were well behaved and quiet, not bothering the other 5 guests at the motel and I left the room in very clean condition.

I should also say that the staff at this property was the most unfriendly I've ever encountered at a Motel 6. Yes, I broke their pet rule - not sure what I was to do at check in since the choice was to go to a different motel (and probably lose my night's room fee, judging by how I was treated otherwise...), and the corporate pet policy was what I had been going by, but it turns out that this is a privately run motel that plays by it's own rules. In the 12 years or so that I've traveled with dogs, NO pet friendly motel has ever evicted me.

A middle aged woman - all alone - being evicted from my room, no refund, of course, in the middle of the night seemed a rather harsh punishment for the "crime". I would understand if my pets were a bother, but they seriously did not create a problem for the property in any way. I bring moving blankets to cover the beds and crated my puppy overnight. They were not left unattended in the room.

Corporate guest relation's response was underwhelming, and did not address a safety issue that was pointed out - sidewalks and parking lot covered with ice and not sanded - that were not addressed at all during my stay. I won't be staying at this or any other Motel 6 from here on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank N W
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Traveling for business and this hotel was pretty close to where I-231 and I-64 intersect. Not much off the exit besides a gas station, a Wendy's, and Denny's within visual distance. Pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and maintenance of the room. Room furnishings are not the most stylish and eye pleasing but functional and in good repair and completely doable for only $41 a night (cheaper to book online than in person at the desk). Front desk was friendly and helpful. Received a follow up call to my room shortly after checking in to make sure all okay and an email survey from the parent company a few days after my stay. Central heat in the room. Could hear some hallway noise in my room but overall quiet. Was a bit disappointed that there was no breakfast nor any complimentary shampoo/conditioner in the room (didn't bring any expecting hotel to offer), but this may be standard for Motel 6 as this was my first stay with this chain. Overall was pleased with my stay and would stop again if traveling in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place is a great place to stay the night. Was traveling on business so wasn't interrested in any frills. Quiet near the interstate with resturants close. It's not fancy nor does it serve the standard breakfast but at $49.00 what do you expect. If you want to spend more for the night go to a Hilton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hlyness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Budget Host Stone's Motel
Super 8 Jasper
Super 8 Jasper
#4 of 5 in Jasper

Been to Motel 6 Dale IN? Share your experiences!