“Surprised by how nice it was compared to the reviews.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Dale IN

Motel 6 Dale IN
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dale
Evansville
“Surprised by how nice it was compared to the reviews.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was a little hesitant to stay because of some of the reviews, but we decided to be adventurous. My family was pleasantly surprised! So close to Holiday World! This is the BEST Motel 6 I've ever stayed in! The Staff was very warm & welcoming. The room was plain ... but very clean & cozy. Everything worked fine. The beds were comfortable. But above all our kids just LOVED playing in the pool with others guests. The staff brought out beach balls that kept them entertained for hours. It helped run out our kids extra energy after the day of Holiday World. I think some of the other less than good review might actually stem from the in-season rates, but even so they are by far the Best Value of all the other hotels in the area. They have a great location with easy access & plenty of local restaurants around. In fact, they have more variety of eateries then the town of Santa Claus. We will be coming to stay next year. And this time, we will be bring friends.

Room Tip: Book On-line for the BEST cost! Upper Floors are usually quieter!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Here's a summary of our stay In a bullet point style:

There was a pair of pliars left on our bed which my young child found. (when I turned them in the next day, the associate said, "Um... Okaaaaaaay???")

Mediocre customer service from all three employees we encountered.

There were no fitted sheets or mattress pads/protectors on the beds.

The beds were extremely uncomfortable.

There is not a single painting or mirror on the walls - they're stark white.

The tv is an old 26" tube piece of junk.

There was a hole in the shower and it was moldy.

The towel rack was falling off the wall.

They provide towels and two tiny bars of soap.

There is not a single box of tissues in the room.

The room did not look clean and it smelled odd.

The "free" coffee was empty at 7:30 am.

For $84.99 a night?? We felt ripped off.

We stayed because it was 11:30 pm and we needed to get some sleep before getting up early the next day.

• Stayed August 2012

Travelers are raving about these Dale hotels

Centreville
Reviewed August 12, 2012

No military discount, was told by staff that they are not allowed to tell people about discounts. Had outdoor pool but was going to be open 3 hours late. No phone in the room, no alarm clock in the room. TV signal so bad you could hardly make out most of the channels. No coffee maker in th room. They have coffee in the hallway by the front desk but that was it. No breakfast of any kind. Internet service very slow and the force you to logout and log back in after 2 hours. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1958Terry
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We arrived at 12am Sunday morning on July 29, 2012! We were given the last room. Apon entering the room we smelled something like very dirty feet! Once in the room we took off our shoes by the bed noticed the floor was soaking wet! We contacted front desk ask for a new room the manager [--] informed us we took the last room! Mr [--] then came in the room agreed it smelled moldy he then sprayed water down fabric sooftner which would only cover the smell for a while. Mr [--] had sprayed so much we had to leave the room for about 30 minutes. Mr [--] did say the following morning we would discuss a discount on the room or get a certificate for a free night! We got up the following morning and the smell was comptley awful my 8 year old daughter was up all night sneezing and coughing! I went to the front desk and told Mr [--] how my daughter was up all night and rather a gift certificate we would rather have a dis count on the room bc this has to be the worst experience ever! Mr [--] then informed me that if it was so awful we should probably just check out and find some where else to stay! I was so taken back by his comment and very very upset! I asked for his supervisor number which he said he could not give out. He did however give me the motel 6 customer relation number. I called and filed a complaint with them. Mr [--] informed us that bc we did not take the gift certificate when he offered Sunday morning It was a one time offer and he would not be doing anything for us bc we stayed in the moldy room. Mr [--] then said I was a liar and did not call customer relations. I was extremly upset asked for the number again bc we had lost it at holiday world he then said see I told u you did not call I was complty floored. I called customer relations and Nicole who filed the clam said mr [--] called her back and spoke to her telling her he offered the gift certificate twice to us and we did not except it which was complty false! We got extremly upset and began to check out when mr [--] got on his radio and said very very loud room 105 is checking out which was uncalled for! I do not see what he was trying to gain by doing that! All he did was make himself look very unperfessional to everyone in the lobby! Bc the property is privately owned and bc supposably we denied the gift certificate 2 times there is nothing customer service can do! I would say to anyone traveling to or through Dale IN to not stay at Motel 6 unless you like moldy rooms and very disrespectful staff!!! We are in the military and I will be tell all of our military family to black band this motel for years I say again years to come!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Tdavis21
Centralia, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at this location on July 19, 2012. I like that it was so close to Holiday World since we were pretty worn out after a long day. Room was clean, nothing fancy but clean and that's all I ever ask at any price range. Bathroom was clean and I thought pretty good size and again, nothing fancy. When we came to check in at 9pm, there was only one man working the front desk and a whole crowd of families who had just came from HW after they closed, but for just one man he handled the situation very well I thought, and moved things along rather well. I just felt very sorry for him as there were no other workers in sight. Management needs to add another front desk person at the time that HW closes as they should be expecting a crowd. The hotel is close to Wendy's and Denny's. Hallways were loud but I expect that with a hotel full of families with kids and we were so worn out it did not keep us awake. If you are looking for no frills and close to Holiday World this place is just fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

As of Juy 1, 2012, Motel 6 Dale is completely smoke free. Loved that part. Have had problems in other Motel 6 hotels with smelling smoke in my non-smoking room. Stayed in a refurbished room. Not a lot of extra space, but available space was used effeciently. Air conditioner kept room cool even though outside temps reached 100 when we were here. Wi Fi worked, but wasn't lightning fast. Cable TV showed some ghosting from other channels. Bathroom clean and bright. Fridge and microwave in room both worked. Only one double outlet in room for charging electronics, but unplugged the microwave for another socket when we went to bed. Quite sufficient for a motel 6.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was not to bad. The sheets,countertops were clean. The table legs, and corners, etc.. were dirty and metal doorway in bathroom was rusty. But the room was fair. Very close to Holiday World.
My real concern is I called to reserve my room on Monday and gave the guy at the motel my credit card information and I check my account and I have 5 unaccounted for, charges on my account in the last 3 days. I had to call and dispute these charges. He is the only person I have given my info to. I don't know positively he took info but I told my bank so they are checking in to it.

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Budget Host Stone's Motel
Super 8 Jasper
Super 8 Jasper
#4 of 5 in Jasper

Been to Motel 6 Dale IN? Share your experiences!