“Something Unique”

Good for: Bar scene
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Something Unique”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife, daughters and I went to Evil Czech for appetizers and beer mid-afternoon because we had other plans for dinner. My one daughter and I like to try a variety of unique beer and we were not disappointed. The beer cheese dip with the pretzel was excellent. So much so that we ordered some to take with us. The potato skins were perfect; not burnt nor greasy. The beer samplers were excellent. The 2 oz samples allows one to experience the range of brews EC has to offer. Certainly, there's a style suitable for just about every palate. The shortcoming is that they need a printed description of each style of brew to allow the patron to better study what they're drinking. The waitress' verbal description is insufficient.

• Visited April 2013

Rochester, Indiana
“Something Different”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This restaurant is located at the old Marmot Grill location in Culver, IN, which has seen several different restaurants in this location. I had already gotten some feedback from friends in culver and knew the menu was small, just pub food. The main draw here is the Mircobrews. We ordered the pretzel appetizer, it was good, but just two pretzel sticks and cheese. I ordered a flight of their beers, they had 8 on tap at the time. Your typical microbrew selections, a red, ipa, blonde, stout, wheat etc. Their stout though is an Oatmeal Milk Stout they call 7am something, very good. They have several good beers. The food is average, at least what we had. My wife had fish and chips, and I had burger. Both meals were good, but not over the top. I do remember seeing pizza on the menu as well. What used to be the outside dinning area in now the brewing room. If you are interested in the process of beer making you will be able to see their 3 barrel system. I'll probably go back since it is a nice departure from what we've had in Culver lately.

• Visited October 2012
“Not what you expect, but throws some variety into Culver”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have seen 4 restaurants here over the years, from Pinders, then something called the Fish shack or something, one I can't rememebr but that actualyl made good fare, and now this, the Evil Czeck.. it's like a frat boys fantasy, and for beer lvoers I think the chance to do microbrew is exciting.. if full it can have a fun vibe, empty it an feel like you are in an abbatoir, with a kind of steel feel, and the food isn't what one would call healthy, but my one entree so far tasted good.. it's like leaving culver and walking into an eastern european basement bar run by some hip but somehow hard to figure out euro-scenesters.. kind of left field...
Supposdly the owners are branching out from Corn Dance, and they have a good record there, and trying to bring some youthful vitality and creativity to Culver.. if it were a bit warmer atmousphere I sould feel like hanging out there more, and the long slender bar is a bit awkward, but it seems to be the hot new place in town..

Winter Park, Florida
“Must eat here!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After a little disappointment in places to eat in Culver, we stumbled upon this restaurant and boy were we happy we did! The food is not what you would expect to find in a small town restaurant, but rather in a city with a buzzing bar scene. Their home brews were delicious; my husband I and both tried the beer flight. The American wheat beer was our favorite. Around the table we shared the evil mac and cheese, fried pickles, pulled pork, and fish and chips. Everything was delicious! I really wish we had found this place earlier in our trip to Culver as we would have eaten there way more than once! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012