“Gourmet Italien in historic home in Crown Point”

Lucrezia Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Crown Point
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a high energy Italian trattoria. Our service is more formal, but we are very casual. We have been voted #1 Italian Restaurant in NW Indiana for consecutive years. We make everything from scratch. Leave the passports at home and visit our Italian house!
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Special menu for the month two salads,two pastas,two meats,desserts
Loved the plate of fresh shredded Parmesan cheese to put on freshly
baked bread with their own. Mixture of olive oil and balsamic
An extensive menu with unusual pasta choices.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I love Italian food, and this is nothing like an olive garden, it was better. Okay the location sucks to find, so be patient and keep looking it is a house. A big one. The parking sucks too it has such a small lot, but the streets nearby are fine and it's not that far a walk (unless you have a full tummy and send him to get the car because you just can't move LOL). It's noisy, but that's because it's busy. Hey, do you remember when you folks would say don't go to a restaurant if the parking lot was empty because no one goes there? Yep that applies here. The waiter (sorry I forgot his name) was fast and efficient, we never ran out of drinks and he had such a great sense of humor. The dessert.... oh my.... I wish I lived closer because dessert was so fantastic. You know, when my hubby leaves a $20 tip that is saying something. I would go every night if I lived in this little tiny city! Yummy

1  Thank kilgorerena
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lucrezia stands out above the rest in a town where most restaurants fall short. The staff is always attentive, professional and friendly. The atmosphere is a beautiful mixture of old world and modern. When weather permits, dining on their garden-like patio is lovely. They start by bringing out their fresh bread with olive oil and cheese. The entrees are amazing! The stuffed chicken breast is a favorite. Always save room for dessert....flourless chocolate cake, cannolis or on the lighter side, stuffed strawberries.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have been going to the CP location for awhile now. Food and specials are always interesting and tasty. Great wine selection and wonderful atmosphere. Nice to eat and take a stroll around the square when done.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have been frequenting Lucrecia for years but unfortunately I am not sure we will continue to do so.
The food is excellent, the ambiance is great and we do enjoy our summer cocktails on the patio. With better service this should easily be a 4 or maybe even a 5 star restaurant but the service here can at times be downright bad.
One can encounter complacent and sometimes rude waiters as well as a bus boy who gawks. We actually started going to the location in Chesterton, IN. hoping to avoid some of the waiters from Crown Point but unfortunately they seem to float to both places, so you never know who you are going to get. I don't mean to imply that all of the staff here is poor. Not long ago a young lady took care of us at Crown Point and did a great job. There are also hardworking and pleasant waiters but unfortunately there are also some very poor ones.
Firing Mr. Keith (I believe the head waiter) at the Crown Point location is possibly a very good start .