“Very good Food in CP”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just started frequenting Amore in CP. Gives people a nice restaurant with good food and drinks with CP and surrounding area. Wife and I frequent at least once a month with close friends. We greatly like the seafood selections and Italian dishes. Nicest restaurant in CP considering variety of food and offerings to their patrons. Only drawback might be the closeness of tables and sound. This doesn't bother us in the least since we frequent Chicago often and this atmosphere is very common and enjoyable.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Amore is a nice Italian resturant on the historic Crown Point, Indiana Square. We went in there on a Saturday night and enjoyed drinks at the bar while waiting for a table (make sure you make reservations). Enjoyed the atmosphere (at times it was a little bit noisy due to the resturant being so packed). Service and food was great; thou it took a long time for the main course to come out. After dinner we went upstairs to the other resturant/bar to listen to the live band and enjoy more drinks with friends. Nice Saturday night out. I would go back again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

A dreary Thursday noon was brightened by a great meal at Amore! Three of my family loved their pasta including the lunch special Shrimp Fettucini. I had the Italian(?) Panini and fries while our friend had a large Margherita flatbread that she was glad to share! Service was pleasant and not rushed, coffee was great after the meal and my wife and her friend stayed for almost an hour afterward just chatting while the boys and I checked out a local antique mall. I highly recommend Amore and be sure to check out all the shops around the downtown square!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Noticed this place about a year ago but didn't have a chance to eat here until this weekend. Drove about an hour with family to give it a try. What a disappointment! Food is average at best. Steak had to be returned to kitchen to be cooked as ordered. Prices are way out of line considering food quality and atmosphere. Place is cramped to the point where people were almost bumping into each other. We'll not return.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Where do I begin. This was my husbands and I first time dining at Amore. We decided to eat outside which was I think the only good thing about the restuarant. We sat down and we had a young boy wait our table. It took him awhile to grab our waters for us. We he finally did, then we ordered Bruchetta which was very good! I do recommend that. Then a girl came to our table and handed us bread with no silverware or bread plates. So we couldn't even eat that until our server came back. When he did finally bring the plates and silverware, my husband noticed that his bread plate was dirty! The plate was all full of crumbs like someone just got done eating off of it. That was a huge turnoff. I orders some Penne pasta with maranara sauce. It was NOT good at all. The sauce was very watery and just didn't seem right. For the amount I paid for it, it should have been way better. And then, we had these what I noticed were fruit flies swerming around us. To me, it just didn't seem like a clean place. To me, this restaurant is over priced and I will not be dining there again. I was very disappointed.