“Avoid at all costs”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Traveling late and just needed a place to sleep. Of the hotels in the area I thought Comfort Inn would have the best value. $90 wasn't bad except the bathroom was dirty and I am positive the bedding hadn't been changed. Too tired to complain I slept in my clothing and will never stay at any Comfort Inn or affiliate again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GrV2013
gmin089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank You for taking time to provide your feedback regaurding our hotel. We apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your recent visit at our hotel. I have addressed your comments to the housekeeping department.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Traveling with the uhaul on a thurs. stopped in at almost 10pm. Cyndy was super pleasant and professional checking us in. Room smelled clean. Could use a good remedial effort on the bathroom floor. Carpet may need a shampoo also. Vacuumed well tho. Bed was very comfortable and just what we needed. Sheets smelled of bleach which I appreciate but were a little scratchy- well worn and often laundered which we can hardly complain about. Bedspread was same-worn due to many washes. Clean is my priority so I was happy. Water pressure & temp were good. Bkfst was fine. Might want to set the waffle maker to cook a tad longer. Liked the pumpkin spice flavor waffles. Good coffee. Bananas on top in the bowl were pretty ripe but still firm so worked with my cheerios. Many good choices and well attended. Thanks very much! There's effort here and it was much appreciated!

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank LaceyS_12

Thank you for your nice review and for choosing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments have been shared with the entire time. The next time your in the area we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had issues with a reservation made through a third party. The problems were in no way caused by the Comfort Inn in Crawfordsville, but the manager went out of her way to help me resolve them. The third party company was incredibly unhelpful (even though they were the ones that caused all the problems). The manager of the Comfort Inn responded to all of my emails in less than 24 hours, made a number of calls on my behalf and made sure that the issues were resolved. I think that it is increasingly rare to find decent customer service. The fact that the manager was willing to help me with a situation created by a third party and her professionalism and kindness are commendable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
gmin089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank You for the excellent feedback. We wish you luck on your future travels.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Inn as it was very clean, affordable, and had large rooms. The staff was very helpful and professional and we enjoyed a nice breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your kind review. All feedback will be shared with the entire Staff. We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay and glad to hear that you will visit us again. Thank You.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here 1 night. Nice person at check in gave me any info I might need for my stay. Clean room with everything I needed. Quiet area close to the exit made this an easy off/on to I-74. Breakfast was fine. Give them a try.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
gmin089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank You for your great review! We appreciate all the feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We arrived around midnight after a long day of travel and only intended on spending one night and heading out early in the morning--so cost was a factor. This hotel was $40-$50 less than others on the same exit. I was a little nervous when we walked in the lobby and scaffolding was set up for wallpapering. I had nice sized room which was very clean, well decorated/furnished and had 2 queen beds. There were plenty of towels, the bedspreads appeared to be fairly new, beds were comfortable, and overall the room was excellent. There was a fridge and microwave which we did not utilize, but it was nice to have it there. We arrived downstairs for complimentary breakfast right at 6 am as it started. Everything was already prepared and set out. Food was hot and fresh, selection was very good, and staff greeted us as we entered. The dining area could be a little larger, but all evidence of the previous night's wallpapering and scaffolding were put away and everything was clean. After seeing a few negative reviews I was a little leary but I was pleasantly impressed and will keep this hotel in mind for future travels.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from any construction noises and we found the third floor to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
gmin089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank You for your great review. We appreciate all the feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our team works vey hard to make sure all guests are happy with their stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We usually stay at Comfort Inns and have very nice experiences. The only negative was we didn't have toiletries (shampoo etc) and there was one dirty towel left hanging on the back of the bathroom door. It appears the rest of the room was clean but that the cleaning person got interrupted when finishing up the bathroom. However, they gave us toiletries when asked. Really wasn't a big deal.

Beds are comfortable... rooms are spacious. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
gmin089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank You for your feedback. I am truly sorry that there were some housekeeping issues with our room. Your comments will be shared with the entire time. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville
Rodeway Inn Conference Center
Rodeway Inn Conference Center
#8 of 9 in Crawfordsville
Holiday Inn Express Lebanon

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!