“Good place to stay when traveling with a pet”

Motel 6 Crawfordsville
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I've stayed at this Motel 6 twice while traveling between eastern Canada and Arizona. I travel with my dog, so wanted a pet friendly motel. On this trip, April 2014, I found the motel to be quite nice - rooms have been renovated and greatly improved since my previous stay. The room had a laminate floor and new decor, quite a nice tv, etc.. The room was clean. Although the motel is located quite close to the freeway, I did not find the noise excessive even though my room was loacted on the freeway side. There is some lawn area to walk around with your dog. The parking lot was fairly well lit. No fridge or microwave in the room. They did not charge extra for a pet in the room. The front desk person was quite pleasant - she was on the desk both times I stayed at this motel. The motel is located in an area of motels, restaurants and service stations for travelers. The town of Crawfordsville is a bit further south and there are more restaurants there. All in all, it was a reasonably priced and okay place to stay when traveling through Indiana.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We' stayed at Super 8, Ramada Inn, and Quality Inn in Crawfordsville, IN to name a few. We decided to try Motel 6. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to our room. The room was very modern with very nice decor and laminated floor. Extremely clean. Just a very nice room and worth the rate. If your looking for the usual shampoo, facial tissue, in room coffee, body lotion, refrigerator and microwave, this isn't the place for you. They do provide complimentary coffee in the morning. You just have to go to the Office to get it. The 6:00 PM desk clerk was extremely friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom B
Anil P, Owner at Motel 6 Crawfordsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Tom

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4472 Crawfordsville. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We appreciate your comments regarding in room decor and flooring as we finished remodeling of the entire hotel by the end of year 2013. All our rooms are newly remodeled with eye pleasing modern room decor and hardwood floor. Our purpose to take this major project of remodeling of entire property was to fulfill guest expectations and to make sure that their stay with us is relaxing and enjoyable and i am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Anil Patel

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I know this is a Motel 6 but the condition of this room & the property is unacceptable, somebody from the corporate office needs to come down here and look at this dump. We over-estimated the distance we could cover today & had to cancel our reservation at another hotel and stay here. This is the second to last leg of this trip, no money left or we would find another place.

PROS
Exterior of building has been recently painted and undergone some renovation

CONS
1) See photos of door and door frame - broken

2) See photos of back parking: property backs to within 50 yards of I-74, view of dumpster & broken hotel furniture. VERY noisey

3) See photos of bathtub - disgusting

4) See photos of water-damaged ceiling

4) Major road construction project near entrance to hotel and rear rooms - VERY noisy

5) Motel shares parking lot with a strip club & adult novelty store (if you care, I don't)

6) Lots of people living here, probably on monthly rate. Big group of them partying on back parking lot, hotel furniture taken from their rooms & moved onto the parking lot. These guests have lots of dogs running loose on the property, one pit bull

7) No security cameras or patrol

There are 6 other hotels within sight of this dump, I wish we could move to another hotel. May not stay, may just hit the road.

Don't go to the Cracker Barrel across the street either, it's terrible. I've been eating at Cracker Barrel my entire life and NEVER had a bad meal, not ever! Until tonight. Gross.

Room Tip: AVOID AT ALL COSTS! UNSAFE & DIRTY. I would give this place a zero if I could
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

There a reason it's $39.99 a night (old dirty no coffee pot microwave breakfast of any kind no wi fi)just a cheap bed Shwr that ur not sure u want to be in I know company I work for just looked at price but think ill spend next two nites in my bus stay clear of this one I stay in motels 3 to 4 nites a week and this has to be the worst I've seen in some time holes I walls borders falling from walls did nt see any bugs but wouldn't be surprised

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The person at the front desk is very friendly.

The room reeks like a smokers haven and the burn stains on the bed prove that as well. The bedding was just disgusting. Looked like someone had a fun night in the bed and the bedding was never changed. No bed bugs spotted but there was some particles of some kind between the comforter and the sheets.

Definitely not worth the money. Two queen beds, nasty bedding, and a smell to go home with for $65.

Go somewhere else if at all possible.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Hula2013
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We checked in late on a Friday night after traveling on our motorcycle all day. I have never stayed at a Motel 6, but thought it was worth a try for a quick night sleep. One positive thing I have to say about this hotel is that the night clerk was very friendly when checking us in.

On the down side...he accidently checked us into a room that was already occupied. Apparently some people don't appreciate strange bikers barging into their hotel room while they sleep. I felt sorry for the occupant of the room...his line of profanity was quite impressive! I feel lucky he didn't shoot us!

That did not set the stage for a relaxing night sleep. When we did get checked into a private room
we found that the hotel is pretty rough. It was mostly clean, but we found a wet/dirty washcloth hanging up on the shower rod in the bathroom. The bed spreads were old and did not match. The room was was really old and outdated.

The hotel is located next to a seedy looking strip club. There are many other hotels in the area to chose from.

I realize this is a budget motel, but I still think there has to be better options in town! It would be worth it to pay a few more dollars for a nicer place!

Room Tip: The best room would be one at another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank couplenindy
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I selected this motel for the price. I was only 4 hours from home, but it was already 8 p.m. and I was pretty tired.
I have never stayed in a Motel 6 before, and don't know if this place is "par for the course." All rooms had only exterior entrances, and I had to swipe my key several times before the door unlocked (each time I entered.....I had to make 2 trips with luggage, and then drove into town for dinner....each time, I had to swipe the key several times.) My room had been used hard over the years. The carpet was worn, torn in spots, and coming away from the walls. The TV remote was grimy. There was soap, but no shampoo. The sheets, sink, shower, toilet seat, and bedside table were all clean, which was what I would have expected for the price. One could probably compare this motel to a 1960's Holiday Inn that was top-notch in its day, but has had very little maintenance done over the years.
This motel is just off the interstate, which is convenient for travelers, but the closest business is a building with a big sign that says, "Girls, Girls, Girls." I stayed on a Saturday night, and I did notice a young man and young woman walking across the parking lot towards the Motel 6. Once I'd eaten dinner, I entered my room, locked it, and stayed there. But the property was very quiet all night. I did set the air conditioner to run (and make white noise) all night.
The evening receptionist was friendly. The morning receptionist was semi-friendly.
This motel was adequate for a full night's sleep and a shower. I would not walk on the carpet in bare feet, nor sit on the chair unless I were wearing long pants.

Room Tip: Good room? Stay somewhere else. 8 hours' sleep? This place is adequate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo