“good overnight stay”

Motel 6 Crawfordsville
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stopped here just for the overnight as we were driving to the Smoky Mountains. This was an inexpensive motel very close to the interstate we were on and had a McDonald's that we used before heading on the road again the next morening. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious for a Motel 6. The bathroom had something that looked like gray clay on the door knob but otherwise this was good for a stop while on the road to someplace better.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Night time attendant was kind and friendly. Had my dog with me, no problem, as Motel 6 is a pet friendly chain. Good place to stop and rest - clean room, great price, safe location.

Room Tip: Smile and be polite, as we all should. :)
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ohio_traveler_46
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I've stayed in some pretty bad hotels. This one wasn't bad, for the price, $45 including tax. The staff at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were desently sized and the beds were not too bad to sleep on. The only draw back to this hotel is that the room is old. The dresser was falling apart and there were large cracks in the vanity by the sink. Also, it could be a little cleaner!!! At least the AC and heat work well.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2009

thier full size beds look more like twin beds, windows dont open, bathtub had hair all over the bottom of it, and black spots! needless to say we did not stay there. oh they offered internet but u could never get on it

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Our family was passing throught Crawfordsville on a trip out east. We had decided to stay in/around Crawfordsville and found the Days Inn. It is nice/decent from the outside. They have one of those windows for late check-ins which always make me wonder whay kind of an area I'm in. We were there for such a short stay that I can't really tell you about the area but I didn't hear or see anything at all while I was there. The rate was very good - maybe $55 or so. Well, there was definetly a reason. When we first walked in we nearly passed out from the stench. As someone who stays at alot of hotels I am pretty sure I could guess what was stinking and it has something to do with cooking. Ugh. It was horrible! The awful thing was that the windows wouldn't open so all we could do was turn up our air and leave the door open for as long as possible. Luckily they have outside corridors. Getting past the stench, which would rank right up there with a decaying body, when we went to use the bathroom the toilet wouldn't flush. Hmm... Ok, we figured it out. We had to turn the water on to flush because if you didn't turn the water off the toilet would run forever. Cheap fix, something that someone paying for a hotel/motel should never have to deal with. After the obvious problems we peeled off the bed spreads which we mostly always do because they are rarely ever washed (once in my life I was a hotel maid!) There were huge yellow stains on their undersides. Ok. Gross. (The other thing I don't tell my husband is that the blankets are really not washed very often either, only the sheets... usually!) When we peeled back the blankets it was pretty clear that our bedding had not been changed either. At this point I wasn't sure if it was a nightmare or not, it was very late and we were exhausted. My husband got some of our "extra" blankets and we went to sleep. Everything about this place was gross. There was also a big nasty sticky stain on our tv that God only knows what it was and the remote felt like it had been soaked in grease prior to our arrival. Also - no toilet paper/kleenexes. I don't care if there isn't much but I like enought to get me throught the 7 or so hours I'm staying. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Plenty of properties that HAVE to be better in this area. Ugh. One of the worst hotel/motel stays of my life.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2007

Stayed here July 10, 2007 (strangely, one year after the previous reviewer's post). A friend and I were on the road together from Wisconsin. It was after 1am and we had already stopped at two sold out motels and this exit and another at the Illinois state line. So we were willing to take just about anything at this point. We walked in and got a $68 rate (not great, not outrageous).

This Days Inn is quite worn. It's a two-story motel with outside room entrances. We had a non-smoking double queen that smelled as if it had been smoked in recently and then sprayed liberally with fabric freshener. The room was average size. Carpet seemed fairly new. Sheets were clean. Bathroom bordered on the gross, however. The tub and walls were not clean. Bathroom wallpaper had several dirty smudges. There were several spots of mold. The shower curtain was vinyl and didn't hang very well, which allowed water to escape the shower. I will admit it -- I wore my Crocs in the shower. Didn't want to step in the tub with my bare feet. Yuck. Toilet ran all night (but didn't disturb our sleep). The TV had a good selection of channels. Clock-radio was easy to operate and set.

While the motel apparently offers free wi-fi, we were unable to pick up anything. The clerk who checked us in (who was friendly and funny) told us we might be able to pick up a stray signal from the nearby McDonald's after they opened in the morning. (While we could see that network and a couple others, we were unable to connect).

Free continental breakfast in the morning was disappointing; it featured a few grocery store donuts, English muffins, and bagels. No cereal or hot/microwave foods. I didn't try the coffee. The orange juice was weak.

Would I stay here again if absolutely necessary? Yes. The motel wasn't terrible, but close. But I would first check ALL other lodging in the area to see if they had rooms.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Greensburg, Indiana
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We made reservations online. I requested a non smoking room. The minute we walked into the room, we smelled smoke. The light switch to the lamp did not work. We had to walk across and turn it on ourselves. The carpet could have been cleaner. The bathtub was not very clean, I cleaned it myself and got some white caulking- like substance up off the sides and bottom of the tub. The bathroom door would not shut well, you had to bang on it to get it shut. And although check- out wasn't until 11:00 a.m. we had housekeeping knocking on our door at 9:30 a.m. We were very irritated by this. We won't go back. Also, we didn't care for the show girls nightclub right beside the motel. We were unaware that this was located beside it when reservations were made.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business