“Nice hotel for the money”

Super 8 Crawfordsville
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were traveling from Pa. to Seatttle Wa. to go on an Alaska cruise and needed a clean inexpensive place to sleep for the night before continueing our trip in the morning. We were pleased with this super 8 as it met our needs. We left at 5:00 am so we were not able to judge their breakfast. We also did not use the swimming pool or the fitness center.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 24, 2012

The price was incredibly cheap and the overall appearance was decent. We had a room with two full beds (which seemed smaller than any full bed I'd ever slept in) and the room was relativley clean. Rooms and bathrooms are a little small. Breakfast wasn't anything to get excited about, but there is a Subway and McDonald's next door.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Bad weather and 850 miles of driving made Crawfordsville an obvious stop. I should have sucked it up and kept moving. I can't add any details that weren't covered in other reviews and share the opinion that this facility is NOT typical for the Super 8 chain. Spent four nights at 2 other Super 8s on this trip and was more than satisfied with their value. This place in C'ville is just an atypical P-I-T.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank downtheroad735
Reviewed September 12, 2011

45.00 - Clean, friendly, nice location, and nice breakfast selection.
I don't think you could do better for your money!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I travel quite a bit and have stayed at Super 8 motels around the country. However, at this one I was shocked at the conditon of the room. Both of the chairs in the room had stains on them and the furniture was all old and damaged. The room in gerneral was not very clean and the towels in the bathroom were yellowish. On top of these issues, the Wi-Fi was very weak even though I was near the front of the building where the office is located. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We could have overlooked the coffee stains on the television, but the suspicious brown stains on the side of the toilet paper grossed us out. We would have not said anything about the spider in the bathtub, but the mold and the dirty footprints were beyond disgusting. We were afraid to use the linens, and used our camping bedding instead. The spider ran, and we should have too!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I'm usually one to look past small problems with a hotel stay and look at the bigger picture. At the super 8 Crawfordsville, there was no bigger picture. My dad and I booked the hotel for July of 2010 to go to the Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis. The year before we had stayed at the Days Inn in Crawfordsville and were pleased with the property and the drive into Indianapolis. We were late booking the hotel and the Super 8 was the only hotel that wasn't completely booked for the race weekend. After spending $128 for a SUPER 8, we had somewhat high expectations. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk manager said we didn't have a reservation for that night (even though I had the paperwork with confirmation number I had printed off). Luckily there had been a cancellation that afternoon, so we were able to stay that night anyway. Upon arrival at our room we were greeted with dents all over our door like somebody had been swinging at it with a baseball bat. As soon as we opened the door you could smell the mold. Mold was growing on the bathroom tile, on the walls, and even IN the air conditioner (that was missing the front grate). Also, when I went to use the chain lock on the door, it fell onto the floor. This didn't give me a secure feeling especially since I saw what I believe was a drug deal occurring in the parking lot. We were so disgusted by the room, we called every other hotel listed in the phone book looking for a vacancy, but of course on a Nascar weekend, there were no openings. We then called the front desk and they at least fixed the lock on the door so we could sleep somewhat soundly that night. In the morning I woke up sneezing from all the mold in the room and decided to take a shower. It would have been refreshing if the shower head didn't spray in 500 directions. Once I had finished the shower, the entire bathroom was soaked. At least this explained the mold. We were more than happy to check out of this hell hole by morning. The front desk didn't seem to concerned and joked that they would have the cleaning staff from the Holiday Inn come and solve the problem. I have stayed in many super 8's and this was not up to the usual standards. THANKS FOR NOTHING SUPER 8!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!