“Great option! ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allen's Country Kitchen

Allen's Country Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great option! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place while searching for another restaurant. I'm very happy I found this place and gave it a try. The food was delicious and was less than $7! I would definitely go back if I'm in the area again.

Richmond, Virginia
“Good for breakfast, if you choose certain items.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We ordered an omelet and some pancakes with sausage. They were out of biscuits which made the limited menu even shorter. The omelet was average like you might find in a IHOP and the pancakes were good. The sausage, however was a bit disgusting (NOT as good as chain restaurant). The waitress was polite and professional.

• Visited July 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
“A nice place to stop off the interstate or visiting the town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was spending the day in Crawfordsville, and I asked a local if there was a coffee shop or similar where I could just sit and hang out. She suggested Allen's, which turned out to be a nice place to kill some time. They have pre-made food brought in from elsewhere as sides, but make the sandwiches fresh. The servings are decent, inexpensive, and the food is good. Not gourmet or anything, but perfectly serviceable classic Midwestern dishes such as beet pickles, five cup salad, chicken sandwich. There is also some classic scoop ice cream, coffee, and pastries. The staff were very friendly and the place is clean.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crawfordsville, Indiana
“Limmited menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am on a very strict medical diet, but can find something to eat at most places. At Allen's there is only one night a week that I can find something on the menu to eat. We went because we have friends that eat here at least a couple of days a week, but my family was not pleased. I would have to rate them as average. We will not return.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sarah E
Crawfordsville, Indiana, United States
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great food at bargain prices. Portions are large, usually take some home or share. Home coking, dedicated owners. Lots of regulars because there is always different specials.

Visited April 2014