“A nice place to stop off the interstate or visiting the town”

Allen's Country Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was spending the day in Crawfordsville, and I asked a local if there was a coffee shop or similar where I could just sit and hang out. She suggested Allen's, which turned out to be a nice place to kill some time. They have pre-made food brought in from elsewhere as sides, but make the sandwiches fresh. The servings are decent, inexpensive, and the food is good. Not gourmet or anything, but perfectly serviceable classic Midwestern dishes such as beet pickles, five cup salad, chicken sandwich. There is also some classic scoop ice cream, coffee, and pastries. The staff were very friendly and the place is clean.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am on a very strict medical diet, but can find something to eat at most places. At Allen's there is only one night a week that I can find something on the menu to eat. We went because we have friends that eat here at least a couple of days a week, but my family was not pleased. I would have to rate them as average. We will not return.

1  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great food at bargain prices. Portions are large, usually take some home or share. Home coking, dedicated owners. Lots of regulars because there is always different specials.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

when traveling we like to try the more local places over the food chains. This place was a really cute little restaurant and the staff very friendly. The food was just average and it took a while to get our food. We did come in about 30 minutes before closing. Looks like they had some good breakfast and ice cream. The restaurant was very clean too!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a better than average place for your Blue Plate Specials. Everything made fresh daily, might use frozen components but it is made fresh. Staff is nice and friendly and place is clean.