“Not that great...”
Review of Real Enchilada - CLOSED

Real Enchilada
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Food was not that great but in their defense it was mid-afternoon. Waiter was napping in the corner and i had to wake him up to get seated. Location is about the only good point.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This restaurant is a hole in the wall. It's one of those places that you hesitate to enter but you're glad you did. I went around dinner time on a week day and it started filling up fast, so apparently the locals like it also. The food was good, the wait staff was nice. They weren't very formal. First we had a guy come to our table and take our drink order. Then a woman brought us drinks. He came back and took our order, and she took care of us the rest of the visit. They never told us their name or anything but they were nice none-the-less and she did come to check on us and ask if we wanted refills.

My only beef with this place is that the interior is seriously lacking. It's clean, but very old and dated. It's probably not the place I would take out of town guests or schedule a business lunch, but for me and my husband just wanting a good bite to eat, it's laid back and had good food. I did see that they have some outdoor seating, which will be nice on a breezy summer evening.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

At first glance, the restauraunt looks a little iffy. After walking in, i would say that the atmosphere is a bit neutral. Ther is a bar room and a main room. It is pretty clean.... However, the service was awesome! The owner was willing to make whatever we wanted, however we wanted it, regardless of the menu option. I had the california burrito which was gigantic and delicious. I only wish i had requested the steak be well done - it needed a little crisp to it! Loaded with cheese and spicy red sauce. Chips and salsa as a standard appetizer. The salsa was a lil thin on tomato chunks, but the flavor was superb. This place is worth trying out. You will not be dissapointed!!! We will definately go back!!!! My wife had a fajita! I dont really care for fajitas, but this fajita was AWESOME!!!!!!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stopped by on a road trip & most places downtown close at 1 pm on weekends. The real enchilada was recommended by a customer at anither local store. I wasnt sure what I wanted, so the owner/waitress described many entrees until i finally made up my mind. I got the Durango Fajita she suggested. It was unbelievable! With steak, shrimp, chorizo, and chicken! So much food it was delicious and a great value! Looks like a hole-in the wall bar, but the staff was very friendly and the food and service were amazing!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My first day back from summer vacation and my colleagues and I decided to have lunch at Real Enchilada. We all were seated together and ordered our food promptly. There were not enough chips at the table or salsa. After about a half hour, our meals started to come. The wait staff hollered out what they were holding and we had to raise hands like cattle as to what we ordered. I was given the wrong meal. I notified them, and they just handed off my plate to someone else at the table, because most of the orders were wrong. I was handed another meal, and it was also incorrect. I had to reorder my food. Others were served and I was asked to reorder again. Finally the last people got their food, after ten minutes of the food being sorted. I was asked to reorder again. As my colleagues finished their food and I only had about ten minutes to return to work, they finally brought me my food and it was wrong. They forgot the toppings. I also asked for a box. When the wait staff returned I got my box but no toppings. Had to ask again. I was then overwhelmed with portion sizes of my toppings. As my colleagues paid, I gobbled up a few bites and stood in an enormous line to check out. I expected them to comp my meal seeing how they were clearly incompetent. I stood in line patiently so that I would not be accused of "dining and dashing." I asked the cashier if I would be required to pay for my meal as I was unsatisfied and had to wait so long only to have it wrong so many times. She refused to comp the meal. Instead she offered a gift certificate. I relented, needing to get to work. She came back, after several minutes, with a photocopied coupon, for buy one, get one free, with the the purchase of one meal and two drinks. I retorted that this is unacceptable because I have to spend more money. She did not have a solution. I said I never wished to dine there again after the service I had. She flew her hands in the air in exasperation and angrily took off, hissing, "fine."
Leaving, I noticed that I was still holding the coupon and one thing was overlooked, it was expired. She expected me to accept an expired coupon in return for poor service.
As a whole, this is a very dirty establishment, the restrooms are horrible. Value is awful. I can say this honestly, because I have dined here on several occasions over a period of time. Unless you have Frontline, check for fleas and ticks.