“Good salad bar”

Frisch's Big Boy Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Corydon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
IL
“Good salad bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Comfort Inn next door hen I visit the are on business. It never occurred to me to eat at the "bigboy" next door. Thinking hamburger and fries...which I love but for an evening meal I crave veggies.

After a days' travel and too tired to venture out....and At the recommendation of the night staff,I decided to check out the salad bar.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a salad bar with a Nice selection of veggies and Spinach!! I thoroughly enjoyed my two trips to the salad bar. The honey mustard dressing was very good too!

The downside was that the two soup options looked unappetizing. The metal canisters the soup stay hot in looked like they should have been tidied up or replaced. Dried soup fixins' were were hanging on the rims and sides. Yuck!! Yes, my visit was after 7:30 on a Sunday but that does not excuse an unappetizing presentation. I avoided the soup.

I will return for the salad bar. (Pass on the soup). It is nice to not have to venture out for food once checked in to the hotel.

Maybe I will try a burger one of my trips.

They have a drive through too.

Prices are decent...dessert prices are too! Another trip....

Libby

Visited February 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
“nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We we went take-out to the hotel next door; the food was the usual Frisch's: good, if a bit limited menu.

Visited September 2013
South Carolina
“If I could give it a -0 I would!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and ordered the breakfast buffet...the nastiest food we've ever eaten! I tried to cut my waffle, and as soon as I touched it grease just spewed out of it, cantaloupe was soured and the syrup was really bad so I didn't bother with the French toast, I opted to go get a bowl of Frosted Flakes hoping the milk would be good. The waitress asked if everything was good-it was obvious we hadn't eaten anything. She said, "Oh sweetie, I don't even eat it it's so bad!". Not what I wanted to hear! I told the manager when I got to the register and she looked like a deer in the headlights. Didn't offer to refund our money, fix us something else or give us a coupon towards another meal. She just walked off!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Lowerysgirl
Zug, Switzerland
“Fried Food And No Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

After traveled for 10 hours in the car, we were ready to have a meal and relax. After registering at the Comfort Inn next door we heared to Frisch's Big Boy. And oh boy were we surprised.

Before even having seen the menu we were asked what we wanted to drink. At least let me sit down and take a look at what you have before asking. After finally looking at the menu a member of the party ordered tuna. Well, guess what - they were out of tuna. Yes out of tuna - what is wrong with going to the grocery and picking some up. That may be too simple of a solution.

Ordered the wraps. It was wraps were wrapped with a bunch of lettuce, tomato's, etc. They were soggy. The onion rings were under cooked and had to taste.

Have to say the whole experience could be summarized in one work - lousy. Strong suggestion - stay away.

Oh - as were eating, one of the staff stood on the window sills and walked down the sill to adjust the blinds.

The only good experience was the server - very pleasant.

• Visited April 2013
Irving, Texas
“Great breakfast bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn next door and ate breakfast here one morning.

The waitress was very friendly.

The breakfast bar is not huge but it has a good selection of hot and cold items. I had eggs, biscuits, bacon, ham, coffee, and some fruit. It was all good. The hot food seemed freshly-made and the cantaloupe was better than I would normally expect at this time of the year. The coffee was strong and fresh.

After this satisfying breakfast we didn't need to eat lunch. What a wonderful day to start the day!

• Visited April 2013