“Good place to stay”

Comfort Inn Corydon
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were wandering around Southern Indiana and decided that Corydon seemed to have some interesting sounding places so we checked into the Comfort Inn. It was nice. A little outdated and could use some cosmetic repairs, but it was clean, the staff was excellent, the breakfast was very good and very well presented. The motel is conveniently located. We enjoyed it and the area so much, we decided to add an extra night.

Room Tip: We had a front room and had no problems. It was quiet. The back is away from the traffic, but the fa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Betty W
COMFORTINNCORYDON, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corydon, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank You for staying with us. Its pleasant to know that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you on your next visit to Corydon.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were here for a dance competition in Louisville. Since thunder over Louisville was going on and we needed reservations at the last minute, this was our choice. The hotel itself is impeccable. The front desk staff were overly nice and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
COMFORTINNCORYDON, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corydon, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Positive feedbacks helps me and my staff motivated to provide superior service for each and every guest. Again, thank you and hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night.For the price it was not a bargin. Our room seemed clean enough but there was an odor that hit you at the door.The walls were thin we could hear Mary the moaner next door.There was a big choice at breakfast, but potatoes were served frozen,eggs were aweful.They made an attempt to keep things full,but the gal was trying to check people out and keep food full and it was not working well.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Please call the hotel at 812-738-3900 and I have a special offer for your next stay.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel is located just off the highway and has a strange entrance but it was easy enough to figure out. I was pleasantly surprised when I walk inside. Everything looks very well kept. Friendly and informative staff. The rooms are nice and clean, which is important if you travel as much as I do. I had everything I needed. The microwave and fridge were a plus. Breakfast was better than I usually see. Hot items, a waffle maker, and a nice coffee machine too. I am glad I chose to stay there and will be back next time around.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Beth C
COMFORTINNCORYDON, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corydon, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank You for your great comments. I'm gald that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. We look forward to see you again in future.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Friendly staff clean rooms and the beds must have been real comfortable as we slept in and missed breakfast but at this point we were on the road for a month ! Easy access off the highway and excellent price for the accommodations

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel I stay at when Im in this area was booked so I had to try something different so I chose this one, It was was better than I figured I have no complaints at all..the gentleman that checked me in was friendly the room clean and comfortable restaurant next door ample room to park a semi behind building ,price was very good also ..I try to stay loyal to the places that I stay but If my usual is booked again this will be my spot to stay..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet ,great for a day sleeper
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It was a nice place to stay. The room (and the motel) was nicely decorated and furnished... with a refrigerator and a microwave, a nice sized flat panel TV, and the beds were comfortable. Everything was clean. It felt like it was more expensive than what we paid. There is one restaurant within walking distance, a gas station nearby, and a wide variety of restaurants a few minutes away on the south side of the interstate, as well as a Wal-Mart.

However, there were several little things that were wrong or missing. The room did not have an alarm clock (or any sort of a clock). The heating and air conditioning unit in our room insisted on randomly running the air conditioning... even though it was set to "HEAT" and it was a cold 35 degrees outside.

The exterior door (to the north of the lobby) did not have a card reader, so access to the building was a problem (once the door closed and had locked me outside, I had to enter through the lobby). The lighting in the parking lot wasn't very good to begin with, and the lights were already off at 5am, when it was still completely dark outside.

The breakfast was fine, but the beverages needed to be restocked. The orange juice and coffee dispensers were serving very watery beverages.

It just seems that this property needs a manager who can pay better attention to the smaller details. To be fair, I plan on contacting the manager with these same comment, in the hopes that he/she will address them.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east (back side) of the building. The highway out front can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corydon
Baymont Inn & Suites Corydon
Super 8 Corydon
#5 of 5 in Corydon
Best Western Plus West I-64
Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Been to Comfort Inn Corydon? Share your experiences!