“Great time visiting an amazing natural wonder!”
Review of Indiana Caverns

Indiana Caverns
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Corydon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A variety of experiences await you at Indiana Caverns. A beautiful cave tour through large rooms, by waterfall and formations, in a boat and past Ice Age fossils throughout the tour! On the property you can enjoy gemstone and fossil panning, exploring the Cavern of the Sabertooth, interpretive exhibits and more.
Fishers
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time visiting an amazing natural wonder!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A visit to Indiana Caverns is worth the trip from any distance! Our family had a wonderful time visiting the cave and taking the boat ride at the halfway point. The entire tour was about an hour. The gift shop was very nicely maintained and the bathrooms were very clean! My two boys enjoyed the "mining" experience as well. Different sized bags of dirt can be purchased in the gift shop and outside there is a channel of running water where kids can sift through their bags of dirt and discover gems and fossils. They really enjoyed that too!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Demaris G

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tour the Caverns”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a interesting tour with Miss Kathy who was funny and good with children. She is a teacher and was working during the schools fall break. We found the gift shop had lots of nice things.

All in all it was a beautiful fall day and our friend who didn't go into the caverns enjoyed the wooded park area outside.

Visited October 2013
Columbus, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Needs work on customer services”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I took our 10-year-old daughter to this cave on a Saturday afternoon in September. We drove about an hour and 45 minutes to the cave and were really looking forward to the experience. We arrived just before a tour was about to start and I approached the desk where there was a young man already standing in line. There were three employees behind the desk with an older lady being one of them. She had her back to the young man and myself while having a discussion with the other two employees. After about five minutes, she turned to the young man and completed his transaction. (She was the only cashier as the other two employees left). When I approached her, she didn't greet me at all but instead started going on about another woman that had been there and hoped that she hadn't offended her by beginning the discussion. I looked around and the only people in the lobby were my family and another couple standing behind me. After a few minutes of her going on about this woman that didn't seem to be present, I proceeded to tell her that we had three in her party. She then very rudely began to scold me on interrupting her rantings about this woman. I told her that we were the only ones there and that obviously that woman had left. If it wasn't for my daughter, I would have left as well. I chose not to make a scene and joined my daughter in looking at the items in the shop to purchase. My daughter found a few things she wanted, so my husband was nice enough to deal with the woman at the counter. He stood in line behind another couple for almost 15 minutes while the line grew behind him to meet the door. After he paid for the items, I later learned from him that she had been "witnessing" to the couple and that is what took so long. I am a christian and believe in God, but I also believe that when you are running a business there is a place and time for this...not letting other customers wait and some of them leave in frustration. Many others in the line started voicing the frustration, as well.

The cave itself is okay, but there are a lot of stairs and are kind of a let down after being to other caves in the area. They have potential, but I don't believe the caves are worth the money. I also wouldn't go back even if I lived in the same town just because of my experience with the woman at the counter. The only saving grace was our tour guide. His name was Austin I believe and was energetic and a joy to be with. Thank you Austin for making a bad situation into an enjoyable one!

8 Thank sdenney01
Plainfield, Indiana
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Fun for an afternoon, but lots of stairs.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived after having lunch nearby at Cracker Barrell. After we purchased our tickets, we browsed the gift shop waiting for our tour to be announced. There are very nice restrooms here. We watched a video and then went in the cave. Lots of stairs to go down and I was a bit nervous about my footing on the spiral ones. Then we saw some formations in the cave, some bones, and a place where someone had been digging out a small square to unearth some bones. We did pass some other tours. We were not allowed to bring our own flashlight, but cameras were fine. Then we got in the boat. That was a neat experience, but the boatride part did not have formations. The guide explained we were too deep. I think they control the water level with a dam somewhere. After the boatride, we made our way back out the way we came in. Climbing the stairs at the end really winded me. I am 48 and a tad overweight and was winded. However, she didn't seem to mind that a few of us were lagging behind. And now a personal observation...the cave video does lend itself to the cave being created by God which I applaud, however, they base their info on Hugh Ross's books which I don't believe are biblical. So if you are a young earth Genesis believing Christian, just take the millions of years info with a grain of salt. It was worth an afternoon trip to Corydon, but I think I still prefer Mammoth Cave.

3 Thank Cheryl4674
French Lick, In
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“NEW CAVE...VERY NICE”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is really nice...everything is new.....just opened in June 2013. Our tour guide Paul was very personable and informative and answered any question anyone had for him. There are many stairs which some might not like on your trip out of the cave but they don't rush you and if you take your time it shouldn't be an issue. You watch a short video which was interesting and then you desend the stairs right by a waterfall for a walk to where you get on a boat for a ride through the cave. Take a jacket it's cool and where good shoes for the stairs and the walk...don't where flip flops or sandals....some of the walk is a little slippery in spots.

1 Thank dino2mom