“Can't get enough!!”
Review of Alberto's Italian Cuisine - CLOSED

Alberto's Italian Cuisine
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cozy, lovely and charming location. Locally owned and operated specializing in local Ingriedients all cooked to order by Executive Chef Al Papsodero. Whom you can Google to see his array of experience. WE DO NOT TAKE RESERVATIONS our hours are 5-10 Tues-Thurs and 5-11Fri-Sat. We will be open for lunch Tues-Fri 11-2 and we offer a large selection of wines and beers as well. Ciao and hope to see you soon Alberto!
“Can't get enough!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Went 2 days in a row, and then a third time we got food to go!! Amazing food and service! Small town feel, big time taste!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Smurdock

Jasper, Indiana
“Absolutely outstanding!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We've eaten Italian from coast to coast ... our meals here have been the best we've had. The sauces are exquisite, the seasoning is so well done without being overpowering, the meats are choice, and needless to say, the pasta is perfect! To top it off the deserts are heavenly. Expect to have a delightful dinner in a quaint little corner of Corydon!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank randiana
Elizabeth, Indiana
“valentine tragedy”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Orders got mixed up and while we waiting for a table there was no where to sit. It was awkward sitting right next to strangers. I was thinking when I looked and the menu where is the pasta? I got the steak and asked for well done. I got it medium rare. My husband asked for chicken and he got eggplant. The wine was pretty good

• Visited February 2014
9 Thank Dustin D
Corydon, Indiana
“An Italian Gem in Small-Town Indiana”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We've spent a little time in Italy, and one of the things we've noticed is that seldom, if ever, do American restaurants match up tho their Italian counterparts. This small restaurant is a remarkable, wonderful exception: Alberto's is superbly authentic Italian food. brilliantly prepared and amiably served.

It was one of the best meals I've had in the States, comparable to restaurants we visited in Florence and Rome, and competitively priced. Make the drive into Corydon and visit this small wonder!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MichaellWilliams
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“Small Town Large Success”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Corydon, Indiana is the city where I was born. Almost every restaurant there is a fast food or chain type restaurant, and usually when you want to take a woman out, you really need to go to Louisville to find a nice restaurant with good ambience. I Had a date tonight, I asked her where she would like to go. One of the stipulations was that it not be fast food or chain restaurant. The only thing that she could come up with online was Alberto's. Over 90% of the people she asked recommended it.
I did a little digging also and was satisfied with the reviews. We decided to meet there.
The place is nestled (currently... More on that later) in a small corner venue. There is seating for about 40 people, and a small 4 seat bar. It feels like a bistro walking in. As soon as the door opens, you are greeted with the warm smell of Italian food, along with a little music. I believe Frank Sinatra was playing on the radio. The place was packed, and although we were only two, the first available table was a six seater, so we were seated at one end with the possibility of another couple coming in to take the other end. It was fine with us.
Then the menu came. So many things to choose from. I finally decided ont he seared Mahi Mahi, with capers in a wine sauce. She had spaghetti with marinara.
We were both duly impressed. The Mahi Mahi was excellent, with just enough tang in the sauce to balance the sweetness of the meat. She told me the marinara was the best she had ever had. Then came dessert. After seeing the reviews about the cannoli, we decided to split one. I kinda wish, in retrospect, that we had ordered two. That little bit of heaven on a plate was by far the best dessert I have ever had in any restaurant. The crunch of the chocolate with the light cinnamon and honey, combined with the creaminess had our spoons flying.
After our meal, it was getting close to time for the restaurant to close, but the owner and chef Al and his cousin Bill came out to the seating area and spoke with us and the other table of customers who were still there for almost an hour, as if we were family who had just eaten a meal at his home. We found out he is expanding the restaurant and also opening up another one in town. I cannot wait to go back.

• Visited January 2014