“Great tour guide”

Corydon Capitol State Historic Site
Ranked #2 of 21 things to do in Corydon
More attraction details
Owner description: Site of the first capital of Indiana.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My son is a history buff so before leaving Corydon, I thought we would visit the capitol building. Very nice. Our tour guide was full of information on the building, why the state house was moved to Indy, and the only Civil War battle fought in Indiana which my son ate up. Loved the original stone floor. If you like history, I highly recommend this as a stop.

All reviews
"buffs"
"stories"
"stroll"

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Nice town, with small historic site, but it was not open on the day of our visit. The WWI German cannon and motar are well worth a look. They could do with a bit more history about why the US bothered to move them to the US.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

After paying a small amount ($9 for 3 adults), we had a quick lesson about the history of the capital. I must admit, I learned quite a bit! Our 'tour guide' showed pictures, authentic documents from the 1800s, and allowed our 5 year old twins to interact with his speech by passing around candlesticks made from the Constitutional Elk. I'd recommend this quick stop for anyone wanting to know more about the development of Indiana government.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I like history and Corydon has real potential but they just don't live up to the expectations I have of a historic site.