Holiday Inn Express Corydon
Hampton.com
$70
$64
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

$109
  • Pool
$66
$81
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

Americas Best Value Inn Brandenburg(Brandenburg)(Great Value!)
$79
$116
Best Western Plus West I-64(New Albany)(Great Value!)
$103
$93
All reviewspancakesroom was cleanpast midnightupgraded roomfriendly front desk staffongoing renovationsdifferent types of pillowspancake makermini suitepool and hot tubsausagethe breakfast areaconvenient locationworth the pricefirst floorthe wi firefrigerator and microwave
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It's Corydon, Indiana, so your expectations have to remain appropriate.
That said, this Holiday Inn Express still comes in lacking some real service and comfort basics.

The below facts are facts. Do with them what you will. Whatever "letter from the manager" that follows this review is pointless unless it states that the carpets and wallpaper have been replaced throughout.

Stay
1. The building itself (layout, common areas, parking, location, etc.,) is welcoming and comfortable.

Not to Stay
1. Three of the rooms in my party (we had 6 total) were not cleaned and ready when we arrived at 5pm. One was still not ready when we left for dinner at 7. It appears this is a recurring theme.

2. Some "No Smoking" rooms consist of rooms that were smoking rooms for years before they put the "No Smoking" sign on the door. The smell is absolutely stifling, and I'm in no way a prude. It is impossible to sleep the night without choking, unless the window is wide open and you get a breeze.

Other than that, the hotel is on par with what one might expect from a small town H.I. Express.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fly_With_Kenny
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Silent Crow,

Ferdinand G

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are a group of bicyclist that traveled to Corydon In to spend 4 days cycling the beautiful hills and roads of that area. We reserved 10 rooms. On arrival there was a sign that welcomed us to the area. The hotel had a welcome gift for us and arranged for us all to be in the same area. We were told we should use the elevator to get the bikes upstairs. The HI staff also offered some of us the use of shop towels to clean our bikes. (We wouldn’t have used the towels). Shortly after check in a member of the staff contacted me to find out what time we were departing for the morning ride so they could have plenty of food for us. That was just over the top. Awesome hotel, management, front desk and room staff. We will keep this as our official hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Katen P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

We were glad to have you at our hotel and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We chose HIE on the drive when we realized we were too tired to drive to Louisville. We called and fortunately they did have availability. They had one handicapped room available. Not a problem. We booked it and got in around 12:30am.

The hotel staff were nice and friendly. We got a really good rate and were checked in very quickly. The main downside was our room was located directly across from the pool on ground level and smelled very badly of pool chemicals. Once we got settled, I used my comforter and created a seal around the hotel room door. It was hard to get used to the chemicals, but by morning the AC had done a good job of filtering out what was left in the room. I am sure if we stayed on the second floor, we would have had a nicer experience.

The morning breakfast was HI standard. It was clean and refreshed often. Really, the hotel staff are what make this place a nice stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor or the wing opposite of the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Ellen R,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the swimming pool smell. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and children were checked into an unclean room late at night on a roadtrip to kc. No housekeeping on staff at night and hotel was full . Front desk refused to clean room themself because they had to stay put in registration area .Refrigerator had food left in it, hair in bath tub for my 3 and 9 year olds to sit in when taking their bath, and sheets not changed over from previous occupants. Gm is a joke.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank jtatum31
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear jtatum31,

Thank you for leaving a feedback. We welcome feedback as it assist us in our never ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests.

I am sorry to learn that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness fell below your standards and deeply regret the inconvenience and dissatisfaction this has caused you.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I booked using priority club(PC) points for one night. On the hotel web site and the e mail conformation everything said check in was 2:00. We arrived around 2:30/2:45 only to find that our room wasn't ready. I said no problem my family and I will get something to eat and come back. Now it's 3:30 in the afternoon and there are still no rooms ready! The whole while there are 2 ladies behind the front desk talking to each other. The guy helping me asked one of them a question, so I asked if that was the manager and he told me yes, and the housekeeping manager. They didnt say or do anything to try and help me. Also if you're a Platinum member or above, don't expect anything from here, not even a bottle of water!
Other than that, the room was clean, hotel is in a great location, walking distance to many resturants and wal mart. However I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank David D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear David D,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am really sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

While I understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Krysllin G