“Nice rooms but another housekeeping fail.”

Holiday Inn Express Corydon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Canton, Ohio
“Nice rooms but another housekeeping fail.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here three nights. The hotel itself is clean. Our room was nice for the most part, but during my stay I found two dirty washcloths and a possible blood stain on the sheets.
Issues such as this seem to be more and more common with most hotels...
Also, the toilet had issues flushing.
Same as the other hotels - I'll revise my review if I don't experience these issue the next time I visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SuperPoser
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Mike E,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels because my husband has many Priority Club points. We do not stay anywhere that is not a Holiday Inn chain. This one was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard fair for HI Express. This one actually had bananas. Often, they do not have them. The room was a mini suite but was not mini. It was huge! The biggest room I have seen. This is the second time I have stayed at this particular hotel and would return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mary E
Knoxville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was a bit disappointed with the service at this Holiday Inn Express. I didn't see one employee smile. A smile goes a long way! When we arrived, there was a sign at the front desk stating to ring the bell for service. That was unusual for 9 p.m. at night. Our room was nice and spacious. There was a lot of hair in the bathtub which was a turn off for me. Our air conditioner was noisy. Nice selection of breakfast foods.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Nancy M,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding the room and and the nice selection of breakfast.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding our staff being unfriendly and the poor service provided by our housekeeping. I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kansas CIty
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a clean, up to date hotel with attentive staff. We had two rooms--one was very clean, great bed, and the other had a dirty tub and one of the beds was not made correctly--the sheet and duvet needed to be redone. The window a/c units were chugging away because it was super hot, but they were enough to cool the room, albeit with noise. The location is off the road enough to be quiet, and it is right by a Culvers, which was convenient. I cannot rate the breakfast because we just grabbed a cup of coffee and took off, but it did have a strong aroma of some kind of food which was not appetizing. No clue what it was.

The check in guy, John, was very helpful. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: They are converting to a smoke free hotel, and the second floor rooms are/were the smoking rooms. W...
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My son and his three children (dog too) needed a place to stay after their transmission blew up for a few days while the van was in the shop for repairs. Eric and the staff at Holiday Inn Express Corydon did a wonderful job making them feel at home for 4 days. I will make sure this hotel is always on my radar to stay at when traveling to Kansas from Virginia. Great Job Eric and staff. Thank you for mailing my granddaughter her IPod to us.

Room Tip: Third floor. the pool was always clean and plenty of towels were available.
1 Thank Carolyn D
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great Hotel. Holiday Inn Express "rarely lets us down". Very clean hotel (inside and out). Nice room, friendly staff, nice breakfast in the morn and all for a decent price. Next to numerous restaurants and gas station. Only minutes from Marengo Caves, Dave County Canoes and The Squire Boon Caverns & Mill.

Room Tip: Check their website. You can save $10-30 booking 14+ days in advance. Caution: when you get this dea...
1 Thank JacknJudy
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is our choice for lodging after a day at Holiday World as it is along the route we would take back home. Every time we have stayed, the employees have been extremely cordial and the free breakfast plentiful (including biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, yogurt, fruit, etc.). Our kids love the pool the next day also, although my wife wishes the water was a little warmer. You can get a coupon for a room at the following site ( http://www.travelcoupons.com/indiana/inpage24.htm ) or possibly even use Hotwire to do so if you know what you are doing.

2 Thank Jason_W_in_Indiana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corydon
Hampton Inn Corydon
Super 8 Corydon
#5 of 5 in Corydon
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64
Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corydon? Share your experiences!