All reviews casserole other guests breakfast was delicious place to stay dee keys comfort
Reviewed May 12, 2014

On our way home from Bardstown, Ky we decided to spend our last night of vacation in cute and historical Corydon. We have visited there before for just a day and it fits our bill for a quiet little nook. We found the Kinter house on the internet and the reviews were nearly all favorable so we booked a room.

Just to preface this review, my husband and I are experienced B&B visitors. We have stayed in properties from PA, to Virigina, Kentucky and even Ireland, so this isn't our first rodeo. I read a couple of the less than stellar reviews and didn't give them much credence, as everyone can have a bad experience.

But, I need to be clear. You need to pay attention to the reviews that mention some of the issues with this property, because they are all correct.

When we arrived we were greeted by the innkeeper She was a nice lady who actually let us choose another room in the hotel after we viewed ours. She offered this before we even went upstairs. The property is neat on the outside, the landscaping clean and tasteful. The house is older and similar to other homes we have visited on first glance. Pretty little parlour, dining room etc.

When chose to stay in the William Henry Harrison honeymoon suite because it had a king size bed and a larger bathroom. Once we got to our room, the problems with this property became apparent. The home is clean, but not immaculate and the hardwood floors need a lot of work. Again, I'm not picky, so as long as its clean we are ok. We should have realized we were in for problems when we saw a flashlight on the bed side (which didn't work mind you). The house must have electrical issues. We turned on the bathroom light and they flickered several times before coming on, and one switch didn't seem to do anything. Some of the outlets on the floor were broken around the edges and the lamps flickered when coming on too. I was somewhat afraid our electronic things would start a fire.

Again, this is an old place, so we didn't give it much mind. Then we got on the bed. I've slept on some bad beds before, but this was so hard I could have bounced a quarter of it and lumpy. The pillow cases were so pilled that I had to put my sweatshirt over it to stop the scratchiness. The roomed smelled similar to an older ladies home where she never opens the window. My husband said, old house smell, but I didn't smell that in other B&Bs.

We didn't sleep hardly at all that night. We would wake up and it was only an hour later. We almost went on home, but didn't want to be charged for not staying. We got up early, skipped breakfast and just left.

The ladies we met were nice enough, Alice was very sweet, and Dee was nice too. But this place needs some serious TLC. I couldn't give it an average due to the condition of the room. We were in the honeymoon suite. This is supposed to be the nicest room in the place right?

Maybe other rooms were nicer, but I just couldn't bring myself to give this an average. For the nicer appeal of the lobby and the nicenness of the staff I didn't give it a terrible, but we will never come here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank NotorDjp
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our stay was very nice. The breakfasts were extremely tasty! Our room was on the 3rd floor - the schoolmaster's room - was very nice and extremely clean. Our bed was very comfortable. There is no elevator so that could be problematic for some visitors. Our only complaint was that our room was hot - there is no individual temperature control in each room - no ceiling fan or way to move air. On our second night we went to the store and bought a fan! Much better after that. We would definitely stay here again! Nice little town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jackie c
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Not a bad stay but could have been much better. Room was very hot and you cannot control the temperature. You are at the mercy of whoever is running the front desk. It was very noisy. You could hear everyone walking around. We made a mistake and got the room across from the kitchen. The bed was not comfortable and sunk in the middle. The pillows felt like napkins. Breakfast was good, but you have to eat on their time. Overall would not stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I frequent the Corydon area to visit his friend. This is our favorite place to stay. The porch is on the "main street" and there are rocking chairs and a nice swing. I enjoyed sitting out there reading my book and just listening to the sounds of a small city. the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was excellent and we have a great time. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to get away form the big city.

Room Tip: The floors are creaky so if that wakes you up you may want to try a room on the third floor - the downside to that is the stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jill F
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Bed & Breakfast is located very close to downtown. We ate across the street at a restaurant named Alberta's. It was fantastic. A young boy showed us around the Inn and he was a delight. I hope he is there if you choose to go.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms on the second and third floor before booking. We stayed on the first floor and it was fine. However, the rooms upstairs were very cute.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends