“Great Atmosphere - So So Food”

Stream Cliff Herb Farm and Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Commiskey
More attraction details
Owner description: Stream Cliff Herb Farm, Tearoom & Winery is a 5th generation family owned farm in Southeastern Indiana. It is s beautiful place to spend the day relaxing and enjoying fine wine and delicious homemade food. Our restaurant uses fresh herbs and edible flowers to create unique gourmet meals. The winery features over eighteen varieties of handcrafted wines, ranging from bold, dry reds to sweet fruit wines. There are several garden areas to stroll through and many peaceful areas to relax. We specialize in herbs, perennials and unusual annuals. There are thousands of plants for sale in addition to three gift shops full of books, candles, gardening items and much more. We offer classes on gardening, cooking with wine and herbs, and handcrafts. The restaurant, gift shops, plant and garden areas are open April through mid October. The winery's hours extend further into the winter. Please check our website for days and hours of operation.
Greenwood, Indiana
253 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“Great Atmosphere - So So Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Met friends from Kentucky half way for lunch. Loved the venue - atmosphere was great. My wife had potato soup & liked it. I had ham & cheese panini. Ham was extremely fatty & lower platen on panini press must have been broken since only top was grilled. Dave had pasta special & said it was OK. Sue had pulled pork BBQ & reported it was dry & seemed to have been sitting for a while. Dill slaw was soupy with sauce & too sweet. My wife & I had the blackberry cobbler - soupy & thin.
Service was very slow with a very long wait between order & service.
We picked the place from reviews on TA & I really wanted to like it, but alas, the proof is in the pudding & in this case, it fell well short of expectations.
I will not return & cannot recommend this place.

1 Thank BoilerMakerBob

Rushville, Indiana
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Quiet and out of the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were part of a wine tour and it was a very nice place to visit. The tasting area is small, but they work very hard to get everyone in to taste their wines. Their snacks were very tasting and many of us made wine purchases. I would like to visit this place when all the flowers and herbs are at their peak. Our day was still beautiful with the fall foliage. Park probably is an issue at times. Our bus had to remain on the narrow country road.

Visited November 2013
Greenwood, Indiana
“Hayride Oct 5th”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We traveled to the winery for birthday fun and something different to do. It was a rainy day but we were bound and determined to enjoy it with or without the sun. When we arrived we looked around at the different areas of the farm/winery. It was set up nicely and had a cute restaurant available if you wished. The winery had a tasting room which we visited to pick out a wine of choice for our Hayride that we had scheduled. Our server, Hope, was extremely sweet and helpful during that time. I have to say this, had it not been for the other server I would give this place a 5 on the scores. She(Missy) was very rude to the couple who came up beside us. Did not smile and made poor judgement in her choice words and delivery to these people. We witnessed this on our return from the Hayride with other patrons in the tasting room as well. Had we had her as our server we would have definitely not bought 4 bottles of wine from the farm. Getting back to the rain and the ride: The owners made sure that we had a wonderful time. The sun broke for about 2hrs allowing us to enjoy all that was prepared for the event. Outstanding job by all but one. They made sure we had umbrellas if we were without and wine while we waited for the break in the weather. Excellent foods provided for the creek side stop. Loved the wines and herb bread! I would most definitely recommend this farm/winery to others for a day trip. Loved it! It is only about a half hour drive from Madison and maybe a 2hr drive from Indy. I am sure it is a beautiful drive right now. Thank you Stream Cliff Herb Farm and Winery!

Visited October 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Found this little place on the internet. Made the stop with mom and sisters on our way to the Indiana Grand Casino. We were quite surprised. Very quaint with beautiful gardens to walk through, with a lot of picture taking opportunities. There is a cafe with great food and a wine tasting room. They also have nursery plants and items for sale as well. Well worth the visit. Well worth the visit.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sheena W
Walton, Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Perfect place for a day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My friend and I set out for this beautiful farm from our homes in Northern KY. It took about two hours to get here which made for a very enjoyable trip. We passed through the beautiful little town of Madison, IN and some tranquil farm countryside. My friend had made the trip before but this was my first time. I was in awe when I rounded the corner of the road and saw the beautiful landscape stretching out in front of us. The faciltiy consists of absolutely gorgeous gardens that visitors are encouraged to tour as well as several beautifully laid out buildings. There was a tea room/restaurant, a wine tasting room, gift shop, art shop and several others. Several green houses were scattered throughout and many of the plants were for sale. Being late in the season, huge bargains were to be had on purchasing the plants. Of course, we both came home with several varieties. We had a wonderful lunch in a delightful room. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The lunch menu consisted of a large varieties of salads, and sandwiches. All seemed to have the addition of fresh herbs grown on the premises. I started with a refreshing glass of lemon verbena lemonade while my friend had the freshly made plum tea. I had a variety of house made salads - seafood, potato and coleslaw while my friend had a large panini. Both meals were delicious. I ended the meal with a slice of the excellent Hummingbird cake which the staff said was made by the grandmother of one of the servers. Wonderul. The weather was perfect, food excellent and the beautiful, tranquil setting made for a wonderful day. What a gem of a place. I will be back.

Visited August 2013