“Beautiful”

Stream Cliff Herb Farm and Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Commiskey
More attraction details
Owner description: Stream Cliff Herb Farm, Tearoom & Winery is a 5th generation family owned farm in Southeastern Indiana. It is s beautiful place to spend the day relaxing and enjoying fine wine and delicious homemade food. Our restaurant uses fresh herbs and edible flowers to create unique gourmet meals. The winery features over eighteen varieties of handcrafted wines, ranging from bold, dry reds to sweet fruit wines. There are several garden areas to stroll through and many peaceful areas to relax. We specialize in herbs, perennials and unusual annuals. There are thousands of plants for sale in addition to three gift shops full of books, candles, gardening items and much more. We offer classes on gardening, cooking with wine and herbs, and handcrafts. The restaurant, gift shops, plant and garden areas are open April through mid October. The winery's hours extend further into the winter. Please check our website for days and hours of operation.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Found this little place on the internet. Made the stop with mom and sisters on our way to the Indiana Grand Casino. We were quite surprised. Very quaint with beautiful gardens to walk through, with a lot of picture taking opportunities. There is a cafe with great food and a wine tasting room. They also have nursery plants and items for sale as well. Well worth the visit. Well worth the visit.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sheena W

Walton, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Perfect place for a day trip”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My friend and I set out for this beautiful farm from our homes in Northern KY. It took about two hours to get here which made for a very enjoyable trip. We passed through the beautiful little town of Madison, IN and some tranquil farm countryside. My friend had made the trip before but this was my first time. I was in awe when I rounded the corner of the road and saw the beautiful landscape stretching out in front of us. The faciltiy consists of absolutely gorgeous gardens that visitors are encouraged to tour as well as several beautifully laid out buildings. There was a tea room/restaurant, a wine tasting room, gift shop, art shop and several others. Several green houses were scattered throughout and many of the plants were for sale. Being late in the season, huge bargains were to be had on purchasing the plants. Of course, we both came home with several varieties. We had a wonderful lunch in a delightful room. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The lunch menu consisted of a large varieties of salads, and sandwiches. All seemed to have the addition of fresh herbs grown on the premises. I started with a refreshing glass of lemon verbena lemonade while my friend had the freshly made plum tea. I had a variety of house made salads - seafood, potato and coleslaw while my friend had a large panini. Both meals were delicious. I ended the meal with a slice of the excellent Hummingbird cake which the staff said was made by the grandmother of one of the servers. Wonderul. The weather was perfect, food excellent and the beautiful, tranquil setting made for a wonderful day. What a gem of a place. I will be back.

Visited August 2013
Indiana
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A Gem in the Country”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

As I passed field of corn...much higher than your knee n the 4th of July...I was delighted upon approach with STREAM CLIFF HERB FARM AND WINERY!! Loved the vintage gardens, country store and tea room. Nursery goods for sale were lush. The winery and party facilities looked great. I can see that this will be an annual day trip in the future.

Visited July 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“this farm not just for "ladies"”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

overheard at lunch of a man telling someone on his cell."..you won't believe this place"..and until you experience it,you won't believe it... located on a family farm near columbus indiana and lawenceburg In this herb farm is actually a beautiful garden center ,tearoom ,winery,wonderful gardens in which you can stroll and wish you had them at your home...gardens are named e.g. quilt garden ,outdoor sanctuary garden and so much more..calling it an herb farm is misleading as it is so much more..Twigs and Sprigs is the "tearoom (as many men are there as women) serves as good of lunch as you can imagine being served in the "boonies" their chicken and pasta salads are delish as are their many sandwich es..generally a soup of the day..ours was vegetable chowder..thick with veggies..deserts are, well, you better not skip having them..I had the bread pudding with bourbon sauce,the other three had the warm blackberry cobbler with ice cream..o.k., o.k.so we waddled out of there but we had to go shop for some plants to bring home.I swear by their plants,they only get better each year. there is a small gift shop of interesting gift items ,copies of the owners new book"Secrets of the Garden Path (with recipes) Betty J Manning is author, cook,primitive artist ( her work is on sale in gift shop)whew I know this sounds like a lot but it's only a smidge of what they offer at the farm..staff is so helpful and ready to answer your questions.....oh back to lunch,.,plan on a wait, give your name and then go enjoy some wine tasting at the winery, stroll the gardens,spend some $$ in the gift shop or just sit in the shade and rest. You will need your energy to enjoy your lunch.. if you go to casinos, they are a short drive away in vevay,ind. and lawerenceburg ..madison indiana is a short drive,as is the Ky speedway...drivw time from cincinnati is about 2+ hours..we leave at 10 get back home by 5.

Visited June 2013
Bedford, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Charming and magical!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stream Cliff is the most soulful greenhouse I've ever been to. Their plants are of excellent quality. They do not use growth inhibitors as in many greenhouses and their plants grow large and strong. You will not find any uniform rootbound flats here. They have a massive selection of varieties of herbs, annuals and perrenials. The setting is fabulous with their miniature horses and goats grazing in the background. There's even a chicken coop backed up to one of the greenhouses, which housed pots of the largest dinnerplate dahlias I've ever seen, at least 5 feet tall. The gardens on the grounds are very large, mature and well thought out with shrubs mixed with perrenials under large trees with small ponds tucked inside. The hostas in their garden are also the largest I've ever seen. I wish I knew their secret! The only drawback was the price of the plants which ranged from $5 to $23 depending on the size of the pot. Though they could be pricey, I believe it would be well worth it. The quality is astromonically better than other greenhouses. The tearoom was delicious and well priced. Portions were huge. The bread with rosemary olive oil was insanely good. I can't wait to go back and select plants for my garden next year. I've been gardening for years, but this place opened my eyes to exciting new possibilities.

Visited June 2013