“Disgusting”
Review of Super 8 Columbus

Super 8 Columbus
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I travel all over the U.S. I usually stay at Super 8, and normally they are fairly decent, for the price. But this place should be shut down. The walls in the room I had was covered with snot and chewing tobacco. The windows were very dirty and there were no screens.

On the second day I came in to the room at about 3:30PM and it was not made up. About 5:30 pm they finally came by to do it.

The Super 8 about 20 Mi. North of here (Franklin, IN) was no better.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Checked in only 2 towels. Hair dryer & radio broke. No bulbs in some lamps. Stayed 3 nights had to call for towels, coffee, t.p., cups. Never cleaned the room! remote did not work. Had a ) pet policy. Someone on the 2nd floor had a dog. My son told them, they said it was the owner he brought their dog. Filthy dirty...got us once...never again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I have never in my life been in such a dump. This place should not have the super 8 name. It's a disgrace!! Filty halls, stuff splattered all over the hallway walls, carpets were beyond gross. The room was just as bad. I sat on the bed and was so disgusted by all the filth I went and got my money back!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I wasn't looking for a 3-4 star motel just a clean place to sleep. The desk clerk, Vickie was great, answered all my questions, gave great advice on what to see and where to
eat!!! Even called to see if everything ok with room!! don't get that too often anymore. The beds were clean, no bad smells, comfy. Ice machine needs junked, soda too. But I wasn't paying for a full breakfast, just quick energy. when you spend 50-60 bucks you get what you pay for. You pay more than 75 you get the chaep hilton rip-offs.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I have stayed at many Super 8 motels over the past two decades. I usually enjoy the experience. HOWEVER, the Super 8 in Columbus, Indiana is absolutely HORRIBLE. This particular Super 8 is the worst (chain) motel that I have ever stayed in. The Super 8 corporation should end it's franchise agreement with this particular motel IMMEDIATELY!

My room and the hallway were EXTREMELY dirty and dusty. The room carpet and some of the furniture were stained. The dresser drawers had been broken at some point and were poorly glued back together. The door to the hallway didn't close well. The window screen was torn and the screen frame was bent. The bottom of the white bathtub was nearly black. The valve that lets you switch from "bath" to "shower" was permanently stuck in the "shower" position. Two lights in my room were burned out or not functioning.

The breakfast had the least number of choices and the smallest available quantities of any motel breakfast that I have ever encountered.

The parking lot had much litter scattered about and the overall property seemed messy and "trashy". This motel could benefit from a good remodeling and a major overhaul.

I would NEVER stay at this motel again--even if they paid ME to stay there!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I honestly can't think of one good thing to say about this place. My husband and I stayed there on our way home from a race in Indy. As soon as we walked through the door, we knew it was a mistake, unfortunately, every room for miles around was booked solid, so we had to make do.
The deadbolt was missing so that there was literally a hole in the door, which had been patched with carboard and staples. The sink and the entire bathroom had hair everywhere! The bathtub had black stains and the toilet had not only not been cleaned but had not been flushed since the last person used the room. The smell was utterly gut-wrenching. My husband went to the front desk and asked them to at least send someone up to clean the room while we were out to eat. When we came back, the hair was gone, the toilet was flushed, but there was an even more nauseating smell of discount potpourri.
We slept very poorly, in our clothes, on top of the blankets. The air conditioner also did not work. Quite honestly, I would never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. It is not worth the hassle. In hindsight, we both agree we would have been better off sleeping in our car.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Obviously the Super 8 is not a 5 star hotel, but at minimum I expect a clean, odor free room. From the moment we walked in the room had a funky odor. Kind of like too much potpourri trying to cover up the real problem. The bottom of the bathtub was black. My daughter wore her flip flops to shower. I made the mistake of noticing that the bathroom floor was less than clean....
When I turned on the heater it smelled so bad I had to turn it off. (Yes, I might have been the first to use it in awhile) Part of it was coming off and the vents were covered with dust. I was afraid it might start a fire if I kept it on.

The pillow cases were clean as were the sheets. I don't think I could say the same about the bedspread or the actual pillows.

The next morning both my daughter and myself had swollen eyes and very sore throats. Coincidence? I don't think so.

We were supposed to stay a second night, but I checked out for a much cleaner place down the road.

The check in person was friendly enough as was the man who checked me out. He didn't even question why I was leaving early.

This place needs a major deep cleaning and renewal.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Columbus Hotel
Columbus Hotel
#3 of 9 in Columbus

Been to Super 8 Columbus? Share your experiences!