Columbus Hotel
$64
$89
$76
$75
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscomfort innthe breakfast areawaffle houseburger kingsecond floormini kitchenwould stay here againroom was cleanstate parkbreakfast buffetwafflesconvenient locationone night staybrown countyking roomgreat place to stayup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed a quiet and spacious room. The doors were quiet when opening and closing. They had a Great breakfast, easy location to get around to in city, to Nashville and to Brown County State Park. The room was Very clean also.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Bud R
Jeri R, General Manager at Columbus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to do a review with such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the service we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I am a Choice member and was able to get a free upgrade to the Jaccazi Room. It is very spacious and very clean. I enjoyed the jaccazi for a night of relaxing. The staff are extremely friendly (make you feel at home). I personally have dealt with Josh, Penny and Ilene and they go out of their way to make sure I have a good stay while at the Comfort Suite.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChoiceMember2013
Jeri R, General Manager at Columbus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your positive comments. We are happy to upgrade our Choice Prvileges memembers any time we can and are pleased that you enjoyed the suite. Our team members strive to always offer the best customer service and I appreciate that you recognized their efforts.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was expecting more I guess, but I was disappointed with the service and room quality. My room was OK, fairly clean and comfortable BUT come 5am I could hear all sorts of noises. I heard water running, doors closing, footsteps from the room above, it was not conducive to sleeping. It's as if the walls were paper thin.
For those who like to sleep with the fan on to drowned out the noise, the room heat/air conditioning unit does not operate the fan in constant "on" mode. I knew right then I was in trouble.
The next issue was breakfast. They let the eggs and sausage run out, even though it was 8am. It's not like the place was crowded or anything.
Lastly, my colleague had an issue in her room with the kitchen sink. When she turned the water on to wash a cup, it came shooting out at her feet. When we told the front desk attendant, he only said they would have maintenance look at it. We expected an offer to make it up to her, perhaps a free bottled water or something. Disappointing.
I am normally a very easy reviewer, evident by my history with Trip Advisor. I still give this place 3 stars because I feel they have the potential to be a very good hotel, if they would only pay attention to the little things.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jeri R, General Manager at Columbus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the noise issues you experienced. There actually is a way to set our HVAC units to fan only to help cut out on some of the normal morning hotel activities. I too am a light sleeper and have had the same experience at other hotels so I travel with a fan just in case. I do apologize for the breakfast response time, we strive to offer the best customer service and apologize if we failed to do so in the area. Lastly concerning your maintenance issue the front desk associate did report it right away to our maintenance department and he was able to repair the problem quickly. As you can see from most of our reviews we receive high scores for staff service, clean comfortable rooms and breakast so on behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations and hope you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The woman at the counter to check us in was very helpful. She gave us a tip for where to eat that night, called us in our room to check if we needed anything or if the room was acceptable to our liking. She also informed us of the breakfast for the next morning. It was nice to meet her!

Room Tip: I didn't rate the restaurant or room service as we didn't need a restaurant in the hotel or use room service. It was one of the nicest hotels that we stayed in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JulieBluebird

Thank you for your positive comments about our front desk associate. Our staff works very hard to provide outstanding customer service and reviews like this help validate their efforts. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

while the amenities were good & the beds & room were all great, The most outstanding very, above normal was the staff. Their attitude, friendlyness & going out of their way to be helpful was wonderful. The only negative was the AC was set @ 68 in our room...way too cool. took an hour to warm up & a waste of energy. 74 is adequate for most people.

Room Tip: rooms on the west are the quietest.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mark y

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your positive remarks about the comfort of your room and the staff. Our goal is to provide a pleasant experience for all of our guests and we are very pleased that we were able to do so for you. I will share your review with the staff and we hope to see you again in the future.