Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
$75
$75
Columbus Hotel(Columbus)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsaveda productshotel doggreat hotelpost officebright colorswalking distancelarge bathroomboard gameswood floorswalk in showertwo blocksthe hotel staffbottled waterwe've stayedcomplimentary breakfastnice decorhot tub
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel location was great. The room was small, but clean and we loved the hardwood floors. The beds were too firm for my liking. Rooms do not have fridge- something I would definitely look for next time. Bathroom was nice, aveda products and very functional. The customer service was great, & the front desk personnel was extremely friendly & helpful.

The only minor disappointment is that they did not have complimentary breakfast like most hotels in the Holiday Inn brand. But that's a minor thing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lillian_6648
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel itself is bright,contemporary, and fits in perfectly with Columbus' architectural vibe. Rooms are a bit small (especially the bathroom) but very nicely decorated with fun touches. First floor includes an indoor swimming pool and hot tub which we had all to ourselves late one afternoon. Location is excellent, within easy walking distance of the Columbus Visitor Center (where the architectural tours start) and all downtown restaurants. Lots of parking. We stayed on the top floor which likely mitigated noise issues; I see a few other reviewers have mentioned noise problems. (We didn't have any problems.) Also we requested a room facing the park rather than the road for a quieter space. The one downside, as others have noted, is lack of free breakfast. That would have been much appreciated. I don't really understand why this hotel offers a full menu for dinner and lunch; we saw NO ONE eating there (except breakfast) during our stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the top floor facing the park.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler918
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed here for few days whilst on business and was generally very happy with the hotel. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the hotel is well decorated and maintained with some characterful features. It's well situated in downtown, handy for Cummins offices, the park and local shops, bars & restaurants.

One thing I struggled with was the noise levels in my room. I was on the 2nd floor where it's open to reception and it was really noisy from anybody talking in reception and also the road on the other side (especially in a town where removing your muffler seems to be a required upgrade to every vehicle). Oh and the aircon in the room sounded like a pneumatic drill!

I would also like to have seen an in-room safe and some curtains that actually fitted and blocked out the light...and a laundry service at the weekend...and some faster lifts.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking reception...215 for example...very noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Sandi L, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and the tip about the room. I am so sorry the reception noise carried through the open lobby to your room upstairs. I know our team would be happy to accommodate any future requests for a quiet location the next time you visit. If you are willing, please contact me and I'll see that we update your guest profile to insure we offer the best room suited to your needs next time! We appreciate the feedback and hope it helps others when they visit us too.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Be sure to say "hello" to Miles the hotels mascot. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of many restaurants and pubs. Great location.

We stayed in Presidential suite which does not cost that much more and is worth the price for so much space. Very modern hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential suite. It is not that more expensive and offers lots of room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

We are grateful for your recent visit and for sharing your tip about the Presidential Suite! We hope to see you again soon so you can enjoy the enormous room and explore more of our great neighborhood pubs!

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Visiting Columbus for business for the first time, and my colleagues recommended Indigo! What a great hotel! I am impressed! Very modern feeling from lobby, room, to lounge! I loved the room: clean! Great service everywhere! I wish I were staying longer than 1 evening. I will definitely be coming back with my family! My children would love this place where a dog is part of the welcoming staff:)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

A special thanks to your colleagues for recommending us! We love to see our newest guests enjoy the same great service and friendliness as we know consistency is one of the keys to continuing to impress you. I hope you return soon and the kids get to meet Miles! He truly loves playing with kids in the lobby!!!