“Great Find in a small town”

Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed in Columbus, IN as a cheap alternative to staying in Louisville for the Kentucky Derby. Hotel Indigo was a great place after the races! The hotel is close to I 65. It's within walking distance of some really great restaurants and the food in Columbus is great. Hotel was quiet and the staff were very accommodating and extremely helpful. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Indigo the first weekend of May 2012. We planned our visit to Columbus IN when my nephew and his girlfriend purchased a home there. The Kentucky Derby is 1.5 hrs away,so we added that to our visit.

Hotel Indigo was EXCELLENT.....Cindy and LeAnne went out of their way to help us get a shuttle to the Derby...which included an suburb driver named Chuck.

The hotel is spotless,new and the "energy" there is 100% positive and "ZEN"..the staff is well trained in customer service!!!!

The cafe is perfect for a bite to eat or a night cap..inside and outside dining is pleasureable.

The "TOP DOG" Miles is an example of what every dog should be,,,,,OMG he is a working dog. I am also the ambassador of my workplace...it is a HARD JOB......He does it well.....

The town of Columbus is darling, So nice to see small town USA doing well!

The Arnold Gang

Room Tip: Looking at park
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2012

If you need to stay in Columbus, this is the hotel. Just make sure your room is on the opposite side to the railroad track. There are not many that go by, but when they do, they can seem to take forever.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We just returned from a weekend at the Hotel Indigo and absolutely loved staying there! This was our third visit to this fabulous hotel and we can't wait to go back again! From the minute we walked in the door, we knew we were in a special place. The friendly staff (including Miles, the resident dog!) went out of their way to help make our stay perfect in every way. Leanne, CIndy and Chuck even figured out how to get us to the Kentucky Derby in style! The beautifully decorated rooms are spacious, comfy, clean, colorful and relaxing. The location can't be beat! It is close to everything. I would recommend the Hotel Indigo to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Columbus. We can't wait to go back ourselves!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan A
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is the third time my wife and I have stayed at the Hotel Indigo in Columbus, IN. We have enjoyed this hotel so much that this time we persuaded two other couples to join us there for a weekend of exploring the area, and they enjoyed themselves as much as we did. The rooms were comfortable, clean, well-lit and colorful. The service is excellent, and we love Miles the concierge dog! If you are going to stay in Columbus, especially if you are doing the Architecture Tour, this is a great choice. It is less than a five minute walk to downtown and to the lovely park across the street. I look forward to the next time I can stay there!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of either downtown or the park.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed two nights on a trip with my parents March 2012. The hotel is alive with color and I absolutely loved it. The staff was so friendly and helpful, parking is self park and it's free. The lobby had board games and nice seating that made it very guest friendly and both nights it seemed like a fun hang out spot all on its own. The rooms were again very colorful, amenities were great, even had a keurig with a great selection so I could brew a cup before I left the comfort of our room. If you are in the area this is a great hotel to stay at, a few blocks away you are in the heart of downtown with a nice selection of restaurants and bars. There is a college there too with a movie theater that if you aren't looking for you will miss, so take the time to explore.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were traveling to Kentucky on I-65 and wanted to get south of Indianapolis our first evening. We found Columbus on the map and thought we'd try to get a room there instead of traveling another 2 hours to Louisville. My husband spotted Hotel Indigo as we were coming into downtown. Neither one of us had ever stayed at a Hotel Indigo. I went into the lobby to check it out and was quite surprised when the door opened. The lobby was clean and spacious. The front desk clerk was on the phone and I had to wait a few minutes. She acknowledged my presence so I never felt like I was being ignored. I understand when people are busy and an acknowledgment is always appreciated. They had rooms available and I was surprised when I was told that the rate was only $109/night for a king room. It was obvious that the hotel was fairly new and after paying more money for other hotels that had very inferior service and accomodations, I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We liked the wood floors and were not afraid to be without shoes like other hotels in the past (because the carpeting was unclean). The bathroom was spacious and clean. The shower was large and not cramped at all. Our only disappointment was the Keurig coffee maker didn't seem to work. I tried to follow the directions, but we never could get it to work and I was really looking forward to trying the Keurig because I have heard friends rave about it. Hotel Indigo was within easy walking distance to restaurants and the front desk staff was very helpful with a downtown map and directions. After dinner we walked around a few blocks and we must say that Columbus, Indiana is one of the most clean cities we have ever visited. Unfortunately, we were there in the evening so none of the shops were open. All in all we have no reservations about recommending Hotel Indigo and Columbus, Indiana to any traveler. In fact, I think we will always check to see if a Hotel Indigo is available for our future trips.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SheilaEWisconsin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Columbus Hotel
#4 of 10 in Columbus
8 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh

Been to Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!