“Not like other Applebee's I have been to”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #75 of 145 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Not like other Applebee's I have been to”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This place was poorly run and it has to be the managment. We cam e with a group of 10 and the service was lousy and slow. One person in the group had to send his food back twice because it was prepared wrong.

Save your money and go to another restaurant!

Visited February 2014

“Service was terrible”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had been given a gift card for Applebee's. We decided to use it at the columbus restaurant. After 45 minutes of waiting for our food I asked our waitress to check on our food. She eventually came back and said it would be coming. It never came. I asked the manager to check and he never came back . Our waitress finally brought our food. She was not very apologetic. The manager never came back to check on us. Second bad experience at Applebee's . Won't be back!

• Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The restaurant was clean and the staff were friendly. We had a very large group. We split up into four tables. Our orders were all taken in a prompt manner and the food was served timely. The orders were all correct as ordered. The waitress was very patient and friendly.

Visited April 2013
Indiana
“A neighborhood I'd visit again!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Columbus, Indiana Applebees is absolutely a neighborhood in which I'd live or visit! We had not been to this Applebees in some time, as we live a bit away from an Applebees and had come to think of this restaurant as a bit "cookie cutter" in recent years. The updated menu and greater breadth of options on the menu, however, drew us in and we are pleased to note that we enjoyed our visit thoroughly.

Our server, George Atwood, was truly outstanding. He was friendly, professional, welcoming, and attentive. He was available when needed, but never underfoot. Despite our dining on a busy Friday evening we never felt rushed so that he could turn his table. George was highly knowledgeable about the menu and even steered me away from my first choice because it could not be customized the way I wanted. This was the one disappointment in our overall experience. I wanted one of the Weight Watchers options (Zesty Roma Chicken and Shrimp), but did not want the oinion, peppers, or zesty sauce. He very politely indicated that he would be unable to serve me the entree the way I wanted (i.e., a clever way of saying that this is a pre-prepped option and not freshly made!). So, I ordered my second choice and was delighted to find that he gave me a 10 percent discount on my entree. Thank you, George!

Our table tried a wide variety of menu offerings including the appetizers (garlic bread sticks), soup (chicken tortilla), an entree salad (Chicken Caesar), the ribs, the Bourbon Street Steak, and a Sirloin. We also managed to fit in some dessert (mousse shooters and chocolate lava cake) and found all of our meal offerings, save the breadsticks which were not a "do-over", to be quite tasty, well-prepared, and served at proper temperature.

The restaurant was a bit noisy, but that is to be expected given the restaurant design and the fact that it was a busy Friday evening. A very loud toddler from three tables over dominated the ambiance for a while, but that is the fault of the parents, not the restaurant.

All-in-all, we were very pleased with our visit to this Appplebees "neighborhood" and would be happy to visit these neighbors again despite living nearly an hour away.

• Visited April 2013
Batesville
“Good comfort food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I always enjoy the different types of salads on the menu. Every time I go I pick a new one offered. They always have great appetizers that can be shared with your mate.

Visited December 2012