“Good Food but Poor Wait Staff Service”

Puccini's Smiling Teeth Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #43 of 152 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Puccini's Smiling Teeth specializes in innovative pizza, pasta & salads made fresh every day. The family-friendly restaurant serves sandwiches & calzones, as well as more than 50 gluten-free dishes. Over the years, our loyal customers have come to think of Puccini's as their "go-to" spot for family dinners, casual dates, craft beer & pizza, vegetarian meals & tasty gluten-free pizza & pasta. Dine in at one of our casual, yet stylish, locations in Indianapolis, Columbus, West Lafayette, Bloomington (Bucceto's) & Lexington. Or call to carry out, arrange catering, or order delivery. Puccini's Smiling Teeth proudly provides quality food at a reasonable price.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We eat here often simply because I have a severe gluten allergy and they offer a large gluten free menu. The food is always very good and so far I have not been "glutened" at this restaurant. My sons and husband love their calzones and a variety of other dishes. The gluten free food is great. The issue with this restaurant is the actual wait staff. They are not good at keeping drinks refilled, timeliness on checking with customers and just overall basic wait staff criteria. Most the time, my husband gets up and finds the first waiter/ waitress he sees and asks them to come over for whatever it is that we need. Even considering the wait staff issues, the food is great for the price and we know going into the restaurant to expect young or inexperienced servers. It is an affordable place to eat for a family of four and for those with gluten allergies. As long as you don't expect great or seasoned wait staff, the food and affordable prices makes up for that.

1  Thank Kim C

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We live in Columbus and eat here at least once a month. The pizza is outstanding with a crisp crust and a great variety of fresh ingredients. They consistently exhibit a willingness to customize anything you order to make it just right for you. While this is certainly the best pizza in town, the calzones are out of this world! They are so goof and fresh and utterly delicious. I always choose the "make your own calzone" and have one custom made just for me, with generous portions of three ingredients of my choice for a very reasonable price. I have loved every combination I have tried, and the dipping sauce is unbelievably good. They have salads, great home-made dressings and pasta dishes, but I can't get past raving about the Calzones, a dish I hate most places I have tried them. Yes they are that good.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located in Downtown Columbus. Can eat inside or out. Unusual and delicious pizzas and other Italian specialties. Always great service and great food!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Puccini is located in the commons. All the ingredients are locally sourced and organic, as a result the prices are somewhat higher than a chain pizza restaurant.
The staff takes a great pride in the restaurant and it shows in the food and the service.
Menu has several interesting items and you can taste the quality of the ingredients in every bite.

1  Thank Quazi F
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is the best pizza in town.So many toppings to choose from and just the perfect crust that is not too thick but not too thin. The calzones are out of this world good loaded full of delicious cheese and your favorite toppings. The pastas are great too (I recommend the ravioli or the pesto pasta). Salads and homemade dressings are hard to top, and even the minestrone soup is unusually good. Along with the great food, this restaurant is probably one of the friendliest in the city. Its great food and friendly service keeps bringing us back.

2  Thank Hoosier00