“So Gross!!”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Atlanta, Ga.
“So Gross!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this location as a late overnight on the way back from Chicago. The bid sites did not show anything interesting, so we chose this hotel based on price. Most Motel 6 locations are not that bad for the money. You arrive late, sleep, and out early the next morning. They are not destination motels by any means. This location was disgusting. I made a reservation on my smartphone from the road, so we would secure a non smoking room with 2 beds, non smoking, micro/fridge and requested a no pet room. I booked a room with a micro/fridge, thinking this would be a better room, as this is a trend with this brand. The clerk could not read the reservation properly as she said it was for 1 person & none of the notes I added were in her view. We were not provided a micro/fridge or non pet room as outlined in the reservation. OK, we got the 2 beds and forget the micro/fridge as it was late, wanted to get to sleep and up early next day to continue home. Motel 6 should be ashamed of having the property under their brand, and will be once they look into my complaint. The room had a fly which husband had to swat with one of the few clean towels. You could see marks on the wall where it looks like other customer have had this problem. Lots of flies in the midwest. The carpet was dirty with pet stains in places. The room smelled, so have a feeling this first floor room was a pet room. The soap was some generic Indian brand and not the typical Motel 6 branded soap. I bring my own, so theirs went in the trash. The bath towel I used looked like one of their own beige worn out towels. Complete with a hole. Not a hotel stock towel. The air would stop in the middle of night. Husband had to clean the vent and we still had to switch it to vent and then back to cool so it would work. We did this several times during the night. Never again at this location. A few exits down, we saw a Motel 6 with interior corridors that looked better. The good reviews for this location must be from friends or owners, because this motel is a fleabag. It is one of those where the foreign owners live there and clean the rooms themselves. I hear Columbus is a nice town, but had not interest to explore after not getting a good night's sleep and having to get on the road home.

Room Tip: Anything but this. There are other options on the exit as well as a better looking Motel 6 a few exi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GoneagainfromAtlanta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Muskego, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was the worst experiance I have ever had. Employee outside smoking, room numbers hanging sideways, holes in the walkway upstairs. Then get into the room and get attacked by fleas, how gross. Requested my money back and was given a hard time, asked if we wanted a different room REALLY!!! how gross!!

Room Tip: Keep going down the road
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jeanne e

Travelers are raving about these Columbus hotels

chicago
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here for few nights with some friends. The location was great because the downtown area is really nice and the area has plenty of restaurants. This Motel 6 had a clean and updated front office. I think the rooms can be updated a little more. However, the rate is great for the place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DMEEKS74
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This was my first time staying at any motel 6 and this location was good. The rooms are clean here and staff was friendly. The area, Columbus, is also a nice town.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I am torn on this one - it is one of the harder ones for me to review. Stayed here for several nights on business, and it was by far the best deal in the general vacinity.
To start out, on my first night there, I fired up the laptop to check in on e-mails and facebook. While on my computer I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was a roach crawling across the desk behind the computer. I smashed it with the TV remote control and wrapped it in a washcloth. The following morining I went down to the front office and told the manager about the situation. He apologized heavily - and even went to the point of going into his desk to show me invoices from the exterminator to prove that he does keep pests out of the building. He informed me that he had a guest that stayed in the neighboring room that brought roaches into the property, and that he had had the pests sprayed for by this pest control company (didn't recognize the name on the invioces he flashed in front of me). He said that it must have been a fluke, and one got through the electrical outlet holes or something. Fine, a fluke - I went about my work that day and returned to the room that night. Went to bed without seeing another cockroach.

The next morning I woke up to a tickle on my forehead. I bet you can imagine what it was - yup, another cockroach crawling on my face! Killed it with my bare hands (that was disgusting by itself) - took a photo of it, and then quickly got dressed and brought it back to the office. It was at this point that the manager moved me to a room in the other building and apologized for the issue. Personally, I would have felt obligated to refund some of the customer's money at that point, but he didn't.

The new room I had for the remaining two nights was fine. No roaches, it actually smelled better, and was realatively clean for a Motel 6. If I hadn't experienced the cockroaches in the room (and on my face) I would probably have considered staying here again - but after that rude awakening, I think not!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

Room Tip: The unit that was roach free was in the front building by the office. The back building had the coc...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FunnyFisher
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My stay here was a road stop on the way to a further destination. Never know what you're going to get when you stay in a place like this, so be ready for an adventure lol. My experience was good based on low expectations. A clean, safe, and comfy standard room with everything working and nothing leaking was provided to expectations. If there were a complaint is would only be that the window unit AC/HEAT which "looked to be new" was just a tad more quiet. It was a cold night. I appreciated how well it worked more than droned on about it being just a bit loud for me.

Lavish bedding and appointments are never a part of stays like this. However, all was found to be clean, and plenty comfy. including the bed.

On check-in the counter person hooked me up with some food coupons from a local Godfathers that delivered. $5.00 Calzones that were the size of half a medium pizza! Seriously, when staying in hotels you get what you paiy for. I was very content with what I got and how little I paid for it. Not a drive-by.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The bed just felt really dirty. The blankets were really cheap. The only wash they had was one little bar of soap. There was no shampoo or conditioner. The floors were so gross that I had to wear shoes the whole time. The outside looked terrible. The service wasn't very good. We couldn't understand the employees. And the price was too high for such a bad motel.

• Stayed July 2011