“first time motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Columbus

Motel 6 Columbus
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This was my first time staying at any motel 6 and this location was good. The rooms are clean here and staff was friendly. The area, Columbus, is also a nice town.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Columbus

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I am torn on this one - it is one of the harder ones for me to review. Stayed here for several nights on business, and it was by far the best deal in the general vacinity.
To start out, on my first night there, I fired up the laptop to check in on e-mails and facebook. While on my computer I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was a roach crawling across the desk behind the computer. I smashed it with the TV remote control and wrapped it in a washcloth. The following morining I went down to the front office and told the manager about the situation. He apologized heavily - and even went to the point of going into his desk to show me invoices from the exterminator to prove that he does keep pests out of the building. He informed me that he had a guest that stayed in the neighboring room that brought roaches into the property, and that he had had the pests sprayed for by this pest control company (didn't recognize the name on the invioces he flashed in front of me). He said that it must have been a fluke, and one got through the electrical outlet holes or something. Fine, a fluke - I went about my work that day and returned to the room that night. Went to bed without seeing another cockroach.

The next morning I woke up to a tickle on my forehead. I bet you can imagine what it was - yup, another cockroach crawling on my face! Killed it with my bare hands (that was disgusting by itself) - took a photo of it, and then quickly got dressed and brought it back to the office. It was at this point that the manager moved me to a room in the other building and apologized for the issue. Personally, I would have felt obligated to refund some of the customer's money at that point, but he didn't.

The new room I had for the remaining two nights was fine. No roaches, it actually smelled better, and was realatively clean for a Motel 6. If I hadn't experienced the cockroaches in the room (and on my face) I would probably have considered staying here again - but after that rude awakening, I think not!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

Room Tip: The unit that was roach free was in the front building by the office. The back building had the coc...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FunnyFisher
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My stay here was a road stop on the way to a further destination. Never know what you're going to get when you stay in a place like this, so be ready for an adventure lol. My experience was good based on low expectations. A clean, safe, and comfy standard room with everything working and nothing leaking was provided to expectations. If there were a complaint is would only be that the window unit AC/HEAT which "looked to be new" was just a tad more quiet. It was a cold night. I appreciated how well it worked more than droned on about it being just a bit loud for me.

Lavish bedding and appointments are never a part of stays like this. However, all was found to be clean, and plenty comfy. including the bed.

On check-in the counter person hooked me up with some food coupons from a local Godfathers that delivered. $5.00 Calzones that were the size of half a medium pizza! Seriously, when staying in hotels you get what you paiy for. I was very content with what I got and how little I paid for it. Not a drive-by.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The bed just felt really dirty. The blankets were really cheap. The only wash they had was one little bar of soap. There was no shampoo or conditioner. The floors were so gross that I had to wear shoes the whole time. The outside looked terrible. The service wasn't very good. We couldn't understand the employees. And the price was too high for such a bad motel.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank yoshi_gurl405
Reviewed May 6, 2011

One of the reviews said this hotel had been "recently refurbished". Apparently we stayed in a room that hadn't been refurbished yet. Several floor tiles in the bathroom area were loose. The sink didn't have a stopper and the water drained very slowly. The carpet was ragged and filthy. The bottoms of my white socks were literally black after walking around awhile. I've stayed in other Motel 6's previously and was always very well satisfied but this place is a dump! There is a La Quinta right behind this Motel 6. Take our advice and pay a little more money to stay there.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stnewland
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed one night at this Motel 6. I stored a piece of luggage under the bathroom counter. In the morning we discovered that the pipe below the sink had been leaking quite a lot, and my bag was soaked! I asked to speak to the management when checking out, and somebody was called, but had still not shown up after about a ten minute wait, and we had to leave. So I complained about this problem on the Motel 6 website and got nothing more than a letter of apology.
This is also an extremely noisy location, with very loud freeway traffic right next to the motel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank survivorMichigan
Reviewed October 15, 2010

everything in the room was clean and rather new- the carpeting, furniture, etc. the tv had 70 channels, unusual for a motel 6. some of the rooms had a microwave and fridge at no extra charge, also unusual for a motel 6. but there was no towel or luggage rack. and one morning there was no clerk in the office and no coffee. it's located on a highway so you get the usual traffic noise.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Columbus Hotel
Columbus Hotel
#3 of 9 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown

Been to Motel 6 Columbus? Share your experiences!